Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Outlook for Traditional TV Goes From Bad to Worse

On Tuesday, November 20, 2018 at 12:35:07 PM UTC-5, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 11/19/18 4:52 PM, wrote:
On Monday, November 19, 2018 at 4:45:57 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 11/19/2018 12:34 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 10:06:39 -0800 (PST),

wrote:

On Monday, November 19, 2018 at 11:37:33 AM UTC-5, BurfordTJustice wrote:
Outlook for Traditional TV Goes From Bad to Worse
Cord-cutters continue to chip away at cable and satellite providers'
dominance of the living room
If my husband didn't prefer that we have cable, I'd join them.

Cindy Hamilton
We are close to a year without satellite and not missing it at all. My
kids have been streaming everything for longer than that.

Â* +1 - we stream , because the sat folks lied to me and that just
really ****ed me off . Cindy , tell your hubby that everything you can
get on cable you can also stream . And probably cheaper .

I have. He wants what he wants. In the interest of domestic
tranquility, I have conceded. We do stream, but he just won't
give up that cable box.

I had some success in bullying the cable company. They decreased our
bill and increased our Internet speed.

Cindy Hamilton

Tell, tell...

Not much to tell. I called Comcast, and told Patel in Bangalore
that I needed to cut my bill and I didn't need all of the channels
I was getting. He gave me the current promotional price for the
package that deleted the premium sports networks and increased the
Internet speed.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Good job. I never get anywhere trying to negotiate with with Comcast-
though ATT is worse!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 18:26:55 -0500, Wade Garrett
wrote:

Good job. I never get anywhere trying to negotiate with with Comcast

The closest I ever got to negotiating with Comcast was to tell them to
come get their modem, it was sitting on the front porch and their
cable drop was laying in the right of way.
That was when they said I needed to rent a bunch of TV boxes instead
of being to use my cable ready TVs.

When the cable guy finally showed up his modem was in a Century Link
DSL box. He just said "Man that is cold".

It took them years to remove the cable that was hanging from the
splitter on the strand. I reached up and cut it off as high as I could
reach so I could mow but it stayed connected on their end. I even got
in the bed of the truck and stripped about 3' of the "stinger" hoping
the ingress problems would "coax" them to take it away.
There was a cable truck working on that line about once a week for
years until I pointed to the wire hanging 50 feet away and said "Hey
Buddy, do you think that might be your problem"?
They took the wire away, terminated the splitter and the cable trucks
stopped showing up all the time.

Yeah, some real sharp techs they have there.
Posted to alt.home.repair

posted for all of us...

wrote:

[...]

That is the typical cable company response. Roberts & Cohen leading the
charge into the worst customer experience they can can provide. Service is
one word and no is another.

--
Tekkie