Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

David E.

Default Halogen bulb goes on, then dims until it goes off

Anyone,

We have a Casablanca ceiling fan with a single 100W built-in halogen bulb.
The fan was previously installed in our home which we bought eight months
ago, and until recently, the fan and light were both working fine.

A couple of weeks ago, the light essentially stopped working. Specifically,
it goes on full brilliance, then very shortly begins to dim incrementally
every couple of seconds until it is completely dark. We replaced the bulb
and the problem is still happening.

Can anyone suggest something that we might do (other than send the whole
thing back for repair)?

Thanks!

David

Tracey

"David E." wrote in message
Can anyone suggest something that we might do (other than send the whole
thing back for repair)?

Have you tried checking for loose connections among the wires?
Other than that, I'd suggest a "ceilng fan bulb" which is designed to
withstand higher vibration levels than a normal lightbulb.

OT - light bulb JohnM Metalworking 0 August 24th 05 07:33 PM
Evaporative cooler question SteveB Home Repair 105 February 1st 05 01:06 PM
Another BULB question N. Thornton UK diy 0 January 6th 05 02:08 AM
Change a light bulb Usenet Style Stormin Mormon Home Repair 1 July 18th 04 11:03 AM
Light bulb malfunction Oldylocks Home Repair 12 February 5th 04 01:51 PM