David E.

Default Halogen bulb goes on, then dims until it goes off

Anyone,

We have a Casablanca ceiling fan with a single 100W built-in halogen bulb.
The fan was previously installed in our home which we bought eight months
ago, and until recently, the fan and light were both working fine.

A couple of weeks ago, the light essentially stopped working. Specifically,
it goes on full brilliance, then very shortly begins to dim incrementally
every couple of seconds until it is completely dark. We replaced the bulb
and the problem is still happening.

Can anyone suggest something that we might do (other than send the whole
thing back for repair)?

Thanks!

David