Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Outlook for Traditional TV Goes From Bad to Worse

On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 18:26:55 -0500, Wade Garrett
wrote:

Good job. I never get anywhere trying to negotiate with with Comcast

The closest I ever got to negotiating with Comcast was to tell them to
come get their modem, it was sitting on the front porch and their
cable drop was laying in the right of way.
That was when they said I needed to rent a bunch of TV boxes instead
of being to use my cable ready TVs.

When the cable guy finally showed up his modem was in a Century Link
DSL box. He just said "Man that is cold".

It took them years to remove the cable that was hanging from the
splitter on the strand. I reached up and cut it off as high as I could
reach so I could mow but it stayed connected on their end. I even got
in the bed of the truck and stripped about 3' of the "stinger" hoping
the ingress problems would "coax" them to take it away.
There was a cable truck working on that line about once a week for
years until I pointed to the wire hanging 50 feet away and said "Hey
Buddy, do you think that might be your problem"?
They took the wire away, terminated the splitter and the cable trucks
stopped showing up all the time.

Yeah, some real sharp techs they have there.