Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Attach steel sign to stucco

What's a cheap but permanent way to attach one of those flimsy steel no
trespassing signs on a solid concrete outside stucco retaining wall?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/10/2018 8:29 PM, George P wrote:
What's a cheap but permanent way to attach one of those flimsy steel no
trespassing signs on a solid concrete outside stucco retaining wall?

Polyurethane adhesive should to it. otherwise, an anchor into the wll.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 17:29:24 -0700, George P
wrote:

What's a cheap but permanent way to attach one of those flimsy steel no
trespassing signs on a solid concrete outside stucco retaining wall?

Don't.
Stick a steel sign-post in the ground instead.
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/10/18 8:29 PM, George P wrote:
What's a cheap but permanent way to attach one of those flimsy steel no
trespassing signs on a solid concrete outside stucco retaining wall?

"Permanent" might not be the way to go if you later change your mind
about it being there- or the sign deteriorates and needs to be replaced.

--
I think of myself as a man's man. I like my whiskey neat, my steaks
rare, and my Pop-Tarts untoasted.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/10/2018 8:35 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/10/2018 8:29 PM, George P wrote:
What's a cheap but permanent way to attach one of those flimsy steel no
trespassing signs on a solid concrete outside stucco retaining wall?

Polyurethane adhesive should to it.Â* otherwise, an anchor into the wll.

I was thinking glue, too. Maybe hot melt as if sign deteriorates a heat
gun should take it off without any damage to the stucco.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2018 7:55 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 10/10/18 8:29 PM, George P wrote:
What's a cheap but permanent way to attach one of those flimsy steel no
trespassing signs on a solid concrete outside stucco retaining wall?

"Permanent" might not be the way to go if you later change your mind
about it being there- or the sign deteriorates and needs to be replaced.

Glue may not be the way to go as permanent isn't always permanent. Two
anchors or blue screws (Tapcons) might be an easier fix when you want to
remove it. Glue may be smeared all over, actually under, the sign and
my not be easy to remove. Holes are easy to fill and spot paint.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

What's a cheap but permanent way to attach one of those flimsy steel no
trespassing signs on a solid concrete outside stucco retaining wall?

Perhaps attach a strip of wood, glue rare earth magnet (s) to the
wood?

It doesn't have to be complicated.
Posted to alt.home.repair

George P posted for all of us...

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 16:17:54 -0400, Tekkie? wrote

I agree Tapcons. You might be able to get in aluminum or plastic to prevent
rust.

Tapcons?

How to Fasten a Sign to Concrete Using Tapcons
https://www.concretefasteners.com/di...e-with-tapcons

That seems simple enough!
I buy the Tapcon bolts at Home Depot & drill one into each sign corner.

No, the sign... Brain fart.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 20:38:35 -0700, George P
wrote:

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 16:17:54 -0400, wrote

I agree Tapcons. You might be able to get in aluminum or plastic to prevent
rust.

Tapcons?

How to Fasten a Sign to Concrete Using Tapcons
https://www.concretefasteners.com/di...e-with-tapcons

That seems simple enough!
I buy the Tapcon bolts at Home Depot & drill one into each sign corner.

My guess is you need screws rather than bolts. Just sayin'

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2018 5:00 AM, Frank wrote:
On 10/10/2018 8:35 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/10/2018 8:29 PM, George P wrote:
What's a cheap but permanent way to attach one of those flimsy steel no
trespassing signs on a solid concrete outside stucco retaining wall?

Polyurethane adhesive should to it.Â* otherwise, an anchor into the wll.

I was thinking glue, too.Â* Maybe hot melt as if sign deteriorates a heat
gun should take it off without any damage to the stucco.

Maybe polyurethane caulk. Use something that stays flexible, and use a
few small diameter, thick blobs of it so there is enough flexibility to
take the movement as the sign expands and contracts with sun exposure.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 11 Oct 2018 07:55:11 -0400, Wade Garrett
wrote:

I think of myself as a man's man.

Me too!

I like my whiskey neat, my steaks
rare, and my Pop-Tarts untoasted.

There are several kinds of men.

Whiskey and soda.

Beer and pretzels.

Wine and cheese. ...

and me, cookies and milk.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 01:43:32 -0400, micky
wrote:

wrote:

I think of myself as a man's man.

Me too!

I like my whiskey neat, my steaks
rare, and my Pop-Tarts untoasted.

There are several kinds of men.

Whiskey and soda.

Beer and pretzels.

Wine and cheese. ...

and me, cookies and milk.

Ouzo and beer!

You can mix those two?

Take a shot of ouzo, chase it with a beer. It tastes like Good n
Plenty (candy)
A few of those and you don't give a **** about the sign
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Oct 2018 14:19:39 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

Ouzo and beer!

You can mix those two?

Take a shot of ouzo, chase it with a beer. It tastes like Good n
Plenty (candy)
A few of those and you don't give a **** about the sign

Or the fact you are now in your neighbors yard...

.... Naked, singing "Hey now, I'm an All Star"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Oct 2018 14:19:39 -0400, Tekkie®

posted for all of us...

wrote:

I think of myself as a man's man.

Me too!

I like my whiskey neat, my steaks
rare, and my Pop-Tarts untoasted.

There are several kinds of men.

Whiskey and soda.

Beer and pretzels.

Wine and cheese. ...

and me, cookies and milk.

Ouzo and beer!

You can mix those two?

Take a shot of ouzo, chase it with a beer. It tastes like Good n
Plenty (candy)
A few of those and you don't give a **** about the sign

Or the fact you are now in your neighbors yard...

Apple pie Moonshine will make you go to work on your day off... so
will John Daniel's Whiskey from Tennessee.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/15/2018 02:39 PM, Oren wrote:
Apple pie Moonshine will make you go to work on your day off... so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVEfATF9xU0

And you'll never leave Harlan alive.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/15/2018 4:39 PM, Oren wrote:

Take a shot of ouzo, chase it with a beer. It tastes like Good n
Plenty (candy)
A few of those and you don't give a **** about the sign

Or the fact you are now in your neighbors yard...

Apple pie Moonshine will make you go to work on your day off... so
will John Daniel's Whiskey from Tennessee.

A guy at work did show up on a Saturday for just that reason. He was
found asleep behind the wheel of his car.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Oct 2018 21:31:54 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 10/15/2018 02:39 PM, Oren wrote:
Apple pie Moonshine will make you go to work on your day off... so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVEfATF9xU0

And you'll never leave Harlan alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n57WBtvtC4
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 10:49:33 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 10/15/2018 4:39 PM, Oren wrote:

Take a shot of ouzo, chase it with a beer. It tastes like Good n
Plenty (candy)
A few of those and you don't give a **** about the sign

Or the fact you are now in your neighbors yard...

Apple pie Moonshine will make you go to work on your day off... so
will John Daniel's Whiskey from Tennessee.

A guy at work did show up on a Saturday for just that reason. He was
found asleep behind the wheel of his car.

He didn't want to be late for work on Monday?