Posted to alt.home.repair

Default stucco touch-up: best way to closely match existing stucco

Is there any easy way to closely match an existing stucco color if I
want to do very small touch-ups? For example, touch-ups measured in a
few square inches.

Where do I buy stucco final coat colors from?

Does anyone sell kits that let you create your own colors for small
touch-ups?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ojas" wrote in message
ups.com...
Is there any easy way to closely match an existing stucco color if I
want to do very small touch-ups? For example, touch-ups measured in a
few square inches.

Where do I buy stucco final coat colors from?

Does anyone sell kits that let you create your own colors for small
touch-ups?

Isn't there a coat of paint on the stucco?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

Isn't there a coat of paint on the stucco?

No, stucco can be colored without painting it. It goes on with whatever
color it is going to be already in it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ojas wrote:

Where do I buy stucco final coat colors from?

Most paint stores have color computers. Bring in a small sample of the existing
paint and they will mix up a reasonably close copy. The computers do not work as
well on rough surfaces though.

If the color was a standard stucco color and you know the manufacturer, you
should be able to get a paint code from them. They also sell a product called
fog coat, which is a cement based color spray that's designed to blend in
repairs to an existing wall.

The larger problem is that the existing color tends to change over time, so
using a manufactures stock color will never match perfectly.

Does anyone sell kits that let you create your own colors for small
touch-ups?

You won't be happy with the results. Most people aren't skilled enough to be
able to blend their own colors. For example - adding white to a color does not
make it lighter.

--
"Tell me what I should do, Annie."
"Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars
Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes, stucco can be colored with paint, or the color can be mixed into
the final coat of stucco: the latter is what I'm trying to match.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ojas" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yes, stucco can be colored with paint, or the color can be mixed into
the final coat of stucco: the latter is what I'm trying to match.

Sounds worse than having the water heater blow out while you're on vacation.
:-(

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ojas writes:

Where do I buy stucco final coat colors from?

Colored sanded grout from the tile department. Blend two or three to match
via trial and error. The eye is very sensitive to slight but abrupt
changes in shade, so this is difficult.
Posted to alt.home.repair
joy joy is offline

replying to Richard J Kinch, joy wrote:
Colored sanded grout from the tile department. Blend two or three to match via

trial and error. The eye is very sensitive to slight but abrupt changes in
shade, so this is difficult.
well worth a try.....on 115 year old stucco, never painted! Thank you for the
suggestion.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...co-257976-.htm

What is Stucco Harry Home Repair 2 August 20th 06 05:19 AM
Stucco? HotRod Home Repair 0 August 15th 06 01:43 PM
Stucco Jasper Home Repair 7 January 16th 06 02:27 PM
stucco FH Home Repair 2 April 24th 05 07:13 AM
What type of stucco? Ray Home Repair 3 March 13th 05 05:18 PM