Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to seal ends of underground conduit ??

replying to Newser, Brooks Coleman wrote:
I did the same, but want to not only keep dirt out, but water from flowing
thru the lines. The pvc houses an electrical cord that powers an artificial
stream.. I don't want underground dirty water running into my clean water
artificial stream. Help??

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...it-280122-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, September 17, 2018 at 12:44:06 PM UTC-4, Brooks Coleman wrote:
replying to Newser, Brooks Coleman wrote:
I did the same, but want to not only keep dirt out, but water from flowing
thru the lines. The pvc houses an electrical cord that powers an artificial
stream.. I don't want underground dirty water running into my clean water
artificial stream. Help??

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...it-280122-.htm

Normally PVC electrical conduit is not plugged to keep water out. It's
brought out at both ends into electrical boxes and the conductors are
rated for wet locations. With the ends open you get some air movement,
but you still can get some condensation.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Sep 2018 16:44:02 GMT, Brooks Coleman
m wrote:

replying to Newser, Brooks Coleman wrote:
I did the same, but want to not only keep dirt out, but water from flowing
thru the lines. The pvc houses an electrical cord that powers an artificial
stream.. I don't want underground dirty water running into my clean water
artificial stream. Help??

Duct seal. It is a modeling clay like material and HD may have it.
Otherwise you are at an electrical supply.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Mon, 17 Sep 2018 20:43:19 -0600, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling,

That used to be known as 'monkey ****' in the trade but that may be
politically incorrect these days.

If some senile monkey like you felt personally addressed, yes!