Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to seal ends of underground conduit ??

take two new caps and drill them to just fit your cable. Then, you can
silicone the caps partway full and glue them back on.

"Newser" wrote in message
With some foresight I had put empty 1-1/2" PVC pipe under the driveway and
capped it, in case I ever had to run wire -- and now I do.

My question now is how to reasonably seal the ends of the conduit once
I've run wire into it. It's bury-able wire, but I don't want to leave the
ends of the conduit open and have it fill up at the ends with mud and
dirt, thereby creating a problem if I want to run more wire in the future.

Thanks in advance to anyone who offers ideas or solutions.

Posted to alt.home.repair

S. Barker wrote:
take two new caps and drill them to just fit your cable. Then, you can
silicone the caps partway full and glue them back on.

Non continuous conduit should terminate in a ground box. They're made
from very thick plastic or concrete. Before installation you excavate a
large hole underneath them and fill it with small stone. That gives any
water a place to drain away. You run the cable to the box, then through
the conduit, then out of the other box. What you seal up is were it
enters the ground box.
--
Tom Horne