Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Furnace reset

Replaced my batteries in thermostat when low batteries flashed on the screen
but my air conditioner will not come on. Is there a reset required?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...t-1168301-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 03 Jun 2018 14:44:13 GMT, Lynda
m wrote:

Replaced my batteries in thermostat when low batteries flashed on the screen
but my air conditioner will not come on. Is there a reset required?

Check and clean the battery contacts, a simple easy thing to try. You
can use a newer piece of paper money to clean the contacts. Fresh
paper money is slightly abrasive but not so abrasive as to damage the
contacts.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, June 3, 2018 at 10:44:17 AM UTC-4, Lynda wrote:
Replaced my batteries in thermostat when low batteries flashed on the screen
but my air conditioner will not come on. Is there a reset required?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...t-1168301-.htm

Was it working before you replaced the batteries? Most have an indication
that the system is on, or you can hear a click when it closes a relay.
Any signs that it's doing that? What happens if you turn it up to call
for heat?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2018 10:44 AM, Lynda wrote:
Replaced my batteries in thermostat when low batteries flashed on the
screen
but my air conditioner will not come on. Is there a reset required?

Similar thing happened to me last year when first turning on the AC and
problem was with a signal wire in the AC that had broken with vibration
over the years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, June 3, 2018 at 9:44:17 AM UTC-5, Lynda wrote:
Replaced my batteries in thermostat when low batteries flashed on the screen
but my air conditioner will not come on. Is there a reset required?
--

Could you post the brand name and model number of your thermostat? I'm curious as to the way your thermostat opens up so the batteries are accessible because some electronic thermostats unplug from the base and the prongs can be bent if you're not very careful when plugging the thermostat back in. If the prongs are bent, there will be no connection for that circuit. You can always post pictures of the thermostat and the base to an image sharing website like Imgur or Photobucket. ^_^

https://imgur.com/

http://photobucket.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...aring_websites

[8~{} Uncle Tstat Monster