Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Veterans Day

To all of you Veterans and First Responders. THANK YOU!

You have made it possible for us to live the wonderful life we have.

To express our opinions in a manner of regard for opposites.

To allow us to travel and live where we want.

To have the rights we do and maintain them.

To be the greatest nation in the world.

Plus other things I can't think of...

Thank you.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Memorial Day

Tekkie® posted for all of us...

To all of you Veterans and First Responders. THANK YOU!

You have made it possible for us to live the wonderful life we have.

To express our opinions in a manner of regard for opposites.

To allow us to travel and live where we want.

To have the rights we do and maintain them.

To be the greatest nation in the world.

Plus other things I can't think of...

Thank you.

I should have made the subject Memorial Day

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/28/2018 3:51 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Tekkie® posted for all of us...

To all of you Veterans and First Responders. THANK YOU!

You have made it possible for us to live the wonderful life we have.

To express our opinions in a manner of regard for opposites.

To allow us to travel and live where we want.

To have the rights we do and maintain them.

To be the greatest nation in the world.

Plus other things I can't think of...

Thank you.

I should have made the subject Memorial Day

* Now if we can just keep the ****in' libs from takin' it all away . I
hope it doesn't come to bloodshed but ... watering the tree of liberty
and all that .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/28/2018 02:51 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Tekkie® posted for all of us...

To all of you Veterans and First Responders. THANK YOU!

You have made it possible for us to live the wonderful life we have.

To express our opinions in a manner of regard for opposites.

To allow us to travel and live where we want.

To have the rights we do and maintain them.

To be the greatest nation in the world.

Plus other things I can't think of...

Thank you.

I should have made the subject Memorial Day

Decoration Day and Armistice Day. I'm old school.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Mon, 28 May 2018 16:23:34 -0600, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling
senile idiot, blabbered again:

Decoration Day and Armistice Day. I'm old school.

No, you are just senile, lowbrowman!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 28 May 2018 16:23:34 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 05/28/2018 02:51 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Tekkie® posted for all of us...

To all of you Veterans and First Responders. THANK YOU!

You have made it possible for us to live the wonderful life we have.

To express our opinions in a manner of regard for opposites.

To allow us to travel and live where we want.

To have the rights we do and maintain them.

To be the greatest nation in the world.

Plus other things I can't think of...

Thank you.

I should have made the subject Memorial Day

Decoration Day and Armistice Day. I'm old school.

Remembrance Day. a poppy flower represents a fallen battlefield
soldier -- the poppy flower grew there on a grave.

Originated in WW II and is now the Friday before Memorial Day.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I should have made the subject Memorial Day

Decoration Day and Armistice Day. I'm old school.

Remembrance Day. a poppy flower represents a fallen battlefield
soldier -- the poppy flower grew there on a grave.

Originated in WW II and is now the Friday before Memorial Day.

Nov 11 in Canada

The various " days " have been confused, over the years.
Nov. 11 11th hour 11th day 11th Month
is from World War 1
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armistice_Day

In Canada, November 11 is marked, by all ,
as Remembrance Day
solemnly dedicated to those who have served and died.
... the famous poem, by the good Doctor from Guelph -
is a mainstay - as it should be.
As is the Last Post lone bugle .. simple is good.

I was disappointed to see the recent USA recital
by Gary Sinise exclude the final verse and fail to mention
the heroic poet-doctor. oh well - that's TV :-(

I'll leave it to the late-to-the-party but most welcome
and powerful ally Americans to explain their war holidays.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veterans_Day

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorial_Day

... let's hope it's not just another big shopping event ..

John T.

Veterans Day Millwright Ron[_2_] Metalworking 10 November 13th 07 06:27 PM
Veterans Day Ron Woodworking 9 November 13th 07 04:22 PM
Veterans Day Millwright Ron[_2_] Metalworking 0 November 12th 07 05:42 PM
Veterans Day Millwright Ron[_2_] Metalworking 0 November 12th 07 05:32 PM
OT thank you veterans (late for Memorial Day) Glen Woodworking 12 June 14th 05 02:10 AM