Posted to alt.home.repair

Default On Topic: refrigerator seals

Hi All,

On Topic. Golly!

I have a regenerator with the freeze on the top. The seal
on the freezer has a gap on the upper door opening side.
It won't stay bent back when I bend it back. Its seems
to be crushed.

Is this gap on purpose to let air escape when closing the door
or should I replace the critter?

Many thanks,
-T
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/15/2018 11:50 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

On Topic.Â* Golly!

I have a regenerator with the freeze on the top.Â* The seal
on the freezer has a gap on the upper door opening side.
It won't stay bent back when I bend it back.Â* Its seems
to be crushed.

Is this gap on purpose to let air escape when closing the door
or should I replace the critter?

Many thanks,
-T

Replace it.

Bill
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 16 May 2018 08:08:15 -0500, Bill Gill
wrote:

On 5/15/2018 11:50 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

On Topic.* Golly!

I have a regenerator with the freeze on the top.* The seal
on the freezer has a gap on the upper door opening side.
It won't stay bent back when I bend it back.* Its seems
to be crushed.

Is this gap on purpose to let air escape when closing the door
or should I replace the critter?

Many thanks,
-T

Replace it.

Bill

+1 If it has crushed there is nothing you can do.

The door gasket can be tested with the "dollar bill test". Holds the
dollar and has good resistance when pulled out when the door is
closed.
--
"We recommend using your hand to replace the fuse as it will take much longer using your knee."
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 5/15/2018 11:50 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

On Topic.Â* Golly!

I have a regenerator with the freeze on the top.Â* The seal
on the freezer has a gap on the upper door opening side.
It won't stay bent back when I bend it back.Â* Its seems
to be crushed.

Is this gap on purpose to let air escape when closing the door
or should I replace the critter?

Many thanks,
-T

Replace it.

Bill

+1 If it has crushed there is nothing you can do.

The door gasket can be tested with the "dollar bill test". Holds the
dollar and has good resistance when pulled out when the door is
closed.

Rats! It is expensive.

Thank you!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 5/15/2018 11:50 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

On Topic.* Golly!

I have a regenerator with the freeze on the top.* The seal
on the freezer has a gap on the upper door opening side.
It won't stay bent back when I bend it back.* Its seems
to be crushed.

Is this gap on purpose to let air escape when closing the door
or should I replace the critter?

Many thanks,
-T
Replace it.

Bill

+1 If it has crushed there is nothing you can do.

The door gasket can be tested with the "dollar bill test". Holds the
dollar and has good resistance when pulled out when the door is
closed.

Rats! It is expensive.

Thank you!

.... how much will it cost by not replacing it :-\

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/17/2018 11:13 AM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 17 May 2018 09:07:47 -0700, T wrote:

Rats! It is expensive.

Thank you!

... how much will it cost by not replacing it :-\

You do pay for it on the installment program!

:'(