Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Jump starter for lawnmower?

On Tue, 17 Apr 2018 03:16:25 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 14:43:42 -0700 (PDT), TimR
wrote:

On Monday, April 16, 2018 at 4:58:08 PM UTC-4, Tekkie® wrote:
TimR posted for all of us...

Best answer, go for an electric lawnmower. Everyone I know who ones one loves it. Quiet, no gas, low maintenance, always starts, does a good job. Not suitable for a huge lawn but fine for most.

Okay answer, buy a battery that doesn't die as quickly. The chemistry on modern batteries means they lose half their life every time you run one down. Find an old style one - cop cars use them because with all the extra electric draw they go through batteries quick. They're expensive but at your age you might only have to buy one.

No they don't. Emergency vehicles have power management systems on them
along with extra batteries under the rear seats of the Explorers.

--
Tekkie

Read this:
http://www.hendonpub.com/resources/a...etails?id=5355

The AGM is NOT the old style battery. It is one of the newer style
and is DEFINITELY superior. I have AGM batteries in both of my
vehicles - neither of which ius a cruiser or taxi cab.

Also, that article by the Hendon Press is a bunch of BS in SO MANY
ways. A LOT of inaccuracies as far as battery technology is
concerned.
A lot of "half truths" or "fake news"
Posted to alt.home.repair

TimR posted for all of us...

[...]

Published in 2015 and looks like press release.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 2:46:22 PM UTC-4, Tekkie® wrote:
TimR posted for all of us...
Read this:
http://www.hendonpub.com/resources/a...etails?id=5355

Published in 2015 and looks like press release.

--
Tekkie

True.

I don't know how valid it is. It seems plausible, as mythbusters would say.. We do know that modern car batteries don't last as long and are very sensitive to being run dead. We do know that modern police cars have huge electrical demands. So it kind of makes sense that it could be true. I could spend a lot of time researching it, or you could. I can't say I care enough to bother though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 17 Apr 2018 14:46:29 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

TimR posted for all of us...

[...]

And a poorly researched and written one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 17 Apr 2018 13:14:01 -0700 (PDT), TimR
wrote:

On Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 2:46:22 PM UTC-4, Tekkie® wrote:
TimR posted for all of us...
Read this:
http://www.hendonpub.com/resources/a...etails?id=5355

Published in 2015 and looks like press release.

--
Tekkie

True.

I don't know how valid it is. It seems plausible, as mythbusters would say. We do know that modern car batteries don't last as long and are very sensitive to being run dead. We do know that modern police cars have huge electrical demands. So it kind of makes sense that it could be true. I could spend a lot of time researching it, or you could. I can't say I care enough to bother though.

It might have been almost accurate in about 1985