Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Diversity Fail? All-Women Engineering Team Blamed for Collapse ofMiami Pedestrian Bridge

On Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 6:25:38 AM UTC-4, BurfordTJustice wrote:
Diversity Fail? All-Women Engineering Team Blamed for Collapse of Miami
Pedestrian Bridge

http://sandrarose.com/2018/03/divers...strian-bridge/

No, just another case of the Russian troll spreading lies and BS fake news.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/wa...idge-collapse/

"Reports that an all-female construction company built a bridge that collapsed at Florida International University are based on incomplete, inaccurate, and misleading information. "

Rating: FALSE
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 07:57:43 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 6:25:38 AM UTC-4, BurfordTJustice wrote:
Diversity Fail? All-Women Engineering Team Blamed for Collapse of Miami
Pedestrian Bridge

http://sandrarose.com/2018/03/divers...strian-bridge/

No, just another case of the Russian troll spreading lies and BS fake news.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/wa...idge-collapse/

"Reports that an all-female construction company built a bridge that collapsed at Florida International University are based on incomplete, inaccurate, and misleading information. "

Rating: FALSE

They said "engineering team" (employees of FIGG), not "construction
company" (MCM).
I am not saying what is true or not about the initial allegation, just
trying to define the players.
The thing I have not heard is what was the extent of the FIU
engineering (studies) department was involved. This was supposed to be
a showcase for their "build a bridge in a hurry" program. It appears
they were in just a little too much of a hurry.
Part of the law suit will be from why US41, a major highway, was not
closed when they were tensioning those cables. If this bridge falls on
an empty road, traffic will be snarled for a few days but nobody dies.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I guess the answer to why traffic was allowed would rest with whether
there was any reason to believe that tensioning up the cables was a
risky operation or not. And what the accepted practice has been
with all the other similar bridges. All kinds of construction is done with
traffic passing underneath all the time.

Usually these incidents turn out something very fundamental was done
wrong, eg the design plan wasn't followed, was misinterpreted, or the
crew changed some procedure so that it could be done, easier, faster,
but they didn't realize the consequences.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 11:50:14 AM UTC-4, BurfordTJustice wrote:
Not a good reader are you?

or way you always run mouth going off half cocked.

To quote you, "you are a ****ing moron"

Run along and play in traffic, the adults here are trying to have a
discussion.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 9:57:48 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 6:25:38 AM UTC-4, BurfordTJustice wrote:
Diversity Fail? All-Women Engineering Team Blamed for Collapse of Miami
Pedestrian Bridge

http://sandrarose.com/2018/03/divers...strian-bridge/

No, just another case of the Russian troll spreading lies and BS fake news.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/wa...idge-collapse/

"Reports that an all-female construction company built a bridge that collapsed at Florida International University are based on incomplete, inaccurate, and misleading information. "

Rating: FALSE

Hey Traitor_4ever, how's it going at the North Korean troll farm where you work? Is your Supreme Leader Kim Jung WTF going to murder President Trump when they meet? o_O

[8~{} Uncle Curious Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 6:17:28 PM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 9:57:48 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 6:25:38 AM UTC-4, BurfordTJustice wrote:
Diversity Fail? All-Women Engineering Team Blamed for Collapse of Miami
Pedestrian Bridge

http://sandrarose.com/2018/03/divers...strian-bridge/

No, just another case of the Russian troll spreading lies and BS fake news.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/wa...idge-collapse/

"Reports that an all-female construction company built a bridge that collapsed at Florida International University are based on incomplete, inaccurate, and misleading information. "

Rating: FALSE

Hey Traitor_4ever, how's it going at the North Korean troll farm where you work? Is your Supreme Leader Kim Jung WTF going to murder President Trump when they meet? o_O

[8~{} Uncle Curious Monster

I don't work for KJU, but I'd say murder isn't on the agenda. Trump is
what Stalin called a useful idiot. So, I expect it to be Trump amateur
hour, worst case is Trump again does something impulsively and sells out
South Korea or that it ends in Trump insulted and mad because KJU used
him, so Trump orders an attack that starts a new Korean war. The
chance of Trump achieving denuclearization is virtually zero. I'd
put the chance of him achieving a real, verifiable halt in NK nuke
and ICBM development at 5%. Think he'll surprise me?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 16:31:25 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

I don't work for KJU, but I'd say murder isn't on the agenda. Trump is
what Stalin called a useful idiot. So, I expect it to be Trump amateur
hour, worst case is Trump again does something impulsively and sells out
South Korea or that it ends in Trump insulted and mad because KJU used
him, so Trump orders an attack that starts a new Korean war. The
chance of Trump achieving denuclearization is virtually zero. I'd
put the chance of him achieving a real, verifiable halt in NK nuke
and ICBM development at 5%. Think he'll surprise me?

Actually the never Trumpers are the useful idiots if the intent is to
destabilize the US government and the US economy.
Nothing does both more than taking down a president. You only have to
look at Nixon to see that.
We had a 10 year economic malaise and a divide in the country that is
still with us. A lot of economists say the middle class never
recovered from that malaise either. That was also the start of the
great economic divide between the haves and the have nots, exacerbated
by the attempts to take Clinton down and the deregulation of Wall
Street that happened quietly while everyone was looking for jizz on a
dress.
Some of my lefty friends say Clinton never would have signed the CFMA
and Gramm€“Leach€“Bliley if he was not under so much fire from the
right.
I am not sure that is correct tho since Summers, Rubin and Greenspan
were his guys.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 6:31:31 PM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

One constant about you Commie trolls is that you LIE. You are definitely a North Korean Commie troll. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Observant Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/20/2018 08:32 PM, wrote:
As for Trump, he is the elected president, weasel or not. I think the
russian thing is overblown and I don't put much on the fact that he is
not jumping on the meaningless "sanctions" bandwagon. That is just
something to make people here feel good. It doesn't make Russian
oligarchs feel bad. It doesn't make them feel anything. People are
still going to buy their oil and bankers will be more than happy to
handle their money. What are you going to do, nuke them

Yes, but I can't buy an IZH Baikal 46M.

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/IZH_4..._Air_Pistol/78

I do have a 60 rifle. It's a real implement of mass destruction, with a
massive .177 pellet traveling at almost 400 fps. Even robins sneer at it
but it's the cat's nuts for 10 meter target shooting.

Unfortunately they are a subsidiary of the wrong company.