Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The big lesson of the Tillerson firing

Fox news:

The nadir of their relationship apparently came last October, when
Tillerson reportedly called his boss a f------ moron in private, after
the president told national security officials he wanted to dramatically
expand Americas nuclear arsenal. One senior White House official said
that President Trump, accustomed to flattery and delighted by kowtowing,
never forgot the insult.

Whatever the cause, the manner of Tillersons firing was mean, petty,
and weak in other words, vintage Donald Trump.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/...on-firing.html
--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 1:03:11 PM UTC-4, Bod wrote:
Fox news:

The nadir of their relationship apparently came last October, when
Tillerson reportedly called his boss a f------ moron in private, after
the president told national security officials he wanted to dramatically
expand Americas nuclear arsenal. One senior White House official said
that President Trump, accustomed to flattery and delighted by kowtowing,
never forgot the insult.

Whatever the cause, the manner of Tillersons firing was mean, petty,
and weak in other words, vintage Donald Trump.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/...on-firing.html
--
Bod

And after what you just heard Trump say on trade deficits and meeting
with Canada, there can be no doubt that Tillerson is right. Not only
did Trump not know that we have a trade surplus with Canada, not only
did he go after Trudeau with totally false accusations, Trump is now
bragging about it! That last part definitively establishes him as
a grade A moron. I'd say more and more it's likely he does have early
signs of dementia or similar.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 12:43:40 PM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Get your butt over to Washington D.C., take over and show everyone how it's done. We need the smartest most morally superior people running the country. Oh heck! That's right, you just think you meet those qualifications. Sorry. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Observant Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/15/18 6:30 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

Get your butt over to Washington D.C., take over and show everyone how it's done. We need the smartest most morally superior people running the country. Oh heck! That's right, you just think you meet those qualifications. Sorry. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Observant Monster

I would but the Secret Service would probably hide my trike so
I couldn't go riding this summer.
I bet none of them are persuasive as she could be:
http://tinyurl.com/y9fvvoy8

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 6:46:19 PM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 3/15/18 6:30 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

Get your butt over to Washington D.C., take over and show everyone how it's done. We need the smartest most morally superior people running the country. Oh heck! That's right, you just think you meet those qualifications. Sorry. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Observant Monster

I would but the Secret Service would probably hide my trike so
I couldn't go riding this summer.
I bet none of them are persuasive as she could be:
http://tinyurl.com/y9fvvoy8

Cute girl. Reminds me of those I chased when I was a young man. I still chase women but they walk/run upstairs and get away. They tend to run away screaming. Perhaps it's the drooling and the crazy eyes? O_o

[8~{} Uncle Skirt-chaser Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 15/03/2018 23:30, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

I blame Trump ;-)

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/...n-firing..html
--
Bod

And after what you just heard Trump say on trade deficits and meeting
with Canada, there can be no doubt that Tillerson is right. Not only
did Trump not know that we have a trade surplus with Canada, not only
did he go after Trudeau with totally false accusations, Trump is now
bragging about it! That last part definitively establishes him as
a grade A moron. I'd say more and more it's likely he does have early
signs of dementia or similar.

Get your butt over to Washington D.C., take over and show everyone how it's done. We need the smartest most morally superior people running the country. Oh heck! That's right, you just think you meet those qualifications. Sorry. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Observant Monster

I blame Trump ;-)

--
Bod

There is one interesting section of that Fox opinion piece worth commenting
on:

We were not really thinking the same, the president said. Really, it was a different mindset, a different thinking.

President Trump, for instance, thinks the Iran nuclear agreement is terrible, the worst deal ever. Tillerson and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis lobbied hard to prevent their boss from trashing it. Tillerson wanted to work with allies on climate change. President Trump did not. But no area of disagreement was more profound than their dispute over how to handle Russia.

This implies that Tillerson and Mattis think the Iran nuclear deal is a
good one. They don't. Neither do I, nor do a whole lot of other people.
But that isn't the issue at this point. The issue is whether the US is
better off with the deal that we have, where Iran is halted in their
nuke development, where we have inspections and the inspectors are reporting
that Iran is complying, or are we better off with no agreement and Iran
free to do as they please again? THAT is what Trump doesn't get. Tearing
up the agreement starts another arms race in Iran, while we already have
an unconstrained one in NK.

But it's this kind of foolish, simplistic thinking that is the hallmark
of Trump. He has about as much understanding of the situation in Iran
as he does about whether the US has a trade deficit with Canada. No
need to get the facts, analyze, listen to people around him, and think.
Better to just make up BS, lie and the brag about it. So, Tillerson
is gone, soon Trump will have nothing but sycophant yes men around him
who just tell him he's right all the time and how great he is.
Mr. President, what you did today with Trudeau, presenting him with your
alternate facts, was brilliant! Here is the Iran agreement so you can
tear it up. What time would you like the strike on North Korea to start?