Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Peer's certificate ?

When trying to connect to usenet with eternal-september I get a
"peer's certificate expired" popup and no connection ... thus I'm
posting from blocknews . Good to have a backup !
Is anyone else having issues with e-s this evening ?
--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair
jo jo is offline

wrote:

When trying to connect to usenet with eternal-september I get a
"peer's certificate expired" popup and no connection ... thus I'm
posting from blocknews . Good to have a backup !
Is anyone else having issues with e-s this evening ?
--
Snag

Not me.

I think it has something to do with Mozilla/Thunderbird.Â* Try another newsreader.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/13/2018 8:46 PM, Jo wrote:
On 02/13/2018 09:24 PM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 20:22:19 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

Â*Â* When trying to connect to usenet with eternal-september I get a
"peer's certificate expired" popup and no connection ... thus I'm
posting from blocknews . Good to have a backup !
Â*Â* Is anyone else having issues with e-s this evening ?
Â*Â* --
Â*Â* Snag

Not me.

I think it has something to do with Mozilla/Thunderbird.Â* Try another
newsreader.

And yet here I am using Thunderbird with a different news server and
all seems to be well ...
--
Snag
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/13/2018 9:22 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Â* When trying to connect to usenet with eternal-september I get a
"peer's certificate expired" popup and no connection ... thus I'm
posting from blocknews . Good to have a backup !
Â* Is anyone else having issues with e-s this evening ?
Â* --
Â* Snag

E S is prone to problems like that. For about $4 you can get a year
or two of service from www.blocknews.net

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Â*Â* When trying to connect to usenet with eternal-september I get a
"peer's certificate expired" popup and no connection ... thus I'm
posting from blocknews . Good to have a backup !
Â*Â* Is anyone else having issues with e-s this evening ?
Â*Â* --
Â*Â* Snag
Not me.

I think it has something to do with Mozilla/Thunderbird.Â* Try another
newsreader.

Â* And yet here I am using Thunderbird with a different news server and
all seems to be well ...
Â* --
Â* Snag

Check the eternal-september.support newsgroup. Someone else there
mentioned getting the same error today.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/13/2018 10:07 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/13/2018 9:22 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Â*Â* When trying to connect to usenet with eternal-september I get a
"peer's certificate expired" popup and no connection ... thus I'm
posting from blocknews . Good to have a backup !
Â*Â* Is anyone else having issues with e-s this evening ?
Â*Â* --
Â*Â* Snag

E S is prone to problems like that.Â* For about $4Â* you can get aÂ* year
or two of service from www.blocknews.net

That's where I'm posting from ...
--
Snag
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/2018 7:34 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 2/13/2018 10:07 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/13/2018 9:22 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Â*Â* When trying to connect to usenet with eternal-september I get a
"peer's certificate expired" popup and no connection ... thus I'm
posting from blocknews . Good to have a backup !
Â*Â* Is anyone else having issues with e-s this evening ?
Â*Â* --
Â*Â* Snag

E S is prone to problems like that.Â* For about $4Â* you can get aÂ* year
or two of service from www.blocknews.net

Â* That's where I'm posting from ...
Â* --
Â* Snag

I roll over to aioe when ES gets flaky. With ng's practically dead, why
pay?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/2018 8:05 AM, Frank wrote:

year or two of service from www.blocknews.net

Â*Â* That's where I'm posting from ...
Â*Â* --
Â*Â* Snag

I roll over to aioe when ES gets flaky.Â* With ng's practically dead, why
pay?

Reliability. For $4 over a couple of years it is worth it to me to have
it work when I want it. Why bother with flaky at all?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/13/2018 8:22 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Â* When trying to connect to usenet with eternal-september I get a
"peer's certificate expired" popup and no connection ... thus I'm
posting from blocknews . Good to have a backup !
Â* Is anyone else having issues with e-s this evening ?
Â* --
Â* Snag

Â* Dunno what the cause was , but e-s is back up .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Peer reviewed article shows peer reviewing is bunk..? The Natural Philosopher[_2_] UK diy 25 May 30th 13 10:33 AM
peer-to-peer renting Melinda UK diy 23 September 22nd 11 07:28 PM
OT peer to peer music sharing Steve B[_10_] Metalworking 4 September 14th 11 03:21 AM
For peer review, new FAQ section: Power Tools. Draft 2 John Rumm UK diy 55 March 13th 05 01:27 AM
For peer review, new FAQ section: Power Tools. John Rumm UK diy 87 March 8th 05 09:43 PM