DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Peer's certificate ? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/605338-peers-certificate.html)

Terry Coombs[_2_] February 14th 18 02:22 AM

Peer's certificate ?

When trying to connect to usenet with eternal-september I get a
"peer's certificate expired" popup and no connection ... thus I'm
posting from blocknews . Good to have a backup !
Is anyone else having issues with e-s this evening ?
--
Snag

jo February 14th 18 02:46 AM

Peer's certificate ?

wrote:

When trying to connect to usenet with eternal-september I get a
"peer's certificate expired" popup and no connection ... thus I'm
posting from blocknews . Good to have a backup !
Is anyone else having issues with e-s this evening ?
--
Snag

Not me.

I think it has something to do with Mozilla/Thunderbird.Â* Try another newsreader.

Terry Coombs[_2_] February 14th 18 02:53 AM

Peer's certificate ?

On 2/13/2018 8:46 PM, Jo wrote:
On 02/13/2018 09:24 PM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 20:22:19 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

Â*Â* When trying to connect to usenet with eternal-september I get a
"peer's certificate expired" popup and no connection ... thus I'm
posting from blocknews . Good to have a backup !
Â*Â* Is anyone else having issues with e-s this evening ?
Â*Â* --
Â*Â* Snag

Not me.

I think it has something to do with Mozilla/Thunderbird.Â* Try another
newsreader.

And yet here I am using Thunderbird with a different news server and
all seems to be well ...
--
Snag

Ed Pawlowski February 14th 18 04:07 AM

Peer's certificate ?

On 2/13/2018 9:22 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Â* When trying to connect to usenet with eternal-september I get a
"peer's certificate expired" popup and no connection ... thus I'm
posting from blocknews . Good to have a backup !
Â* Is anyone else having issues with e-s this evening ?
Â* --
Â* Snag

E S is prone to problems like that. For about $4 you can get a year
or two of service from www.blocknews.net

Muggles[_24_] February 14th 18 04:17 AM

Peer's certificate ?

wrote:

Â*Â* When trying to connect to usenet with eternal-september I get a
"peer's certificate expired" popup and no connection ... thus I'm
posting from blocknews . Good to have a backup !
Â*Â* Is anyone else having issues with e-s this evening ?
Â*Â* --
Â*Â* Snag
Not me.

I think it has something to do with Mozilla/Thunderbird.Â* Try another
newsreader.

Â* And yet here I am using Thunderbird with a different news server and
all seems to be well ...
Â* --
Â* Snag

Check the eternal-september.support newsgroup. Someone else there
mentioned getting the same error today.

--
Maggie

Terry Coombs[_2_] February 14th 18 12:34 PM

Peer's certificate ?

On 2/13/2018 10:07 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/13/2018 9:22 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Â*Â* When trying to connect to usenet with eternal-september I get a
"peer's certificate expired" popup and no connection ... thus I'm
posting from blocknews . Good to have a backup !
Â*Â* Is anyone else having issues with e-s this evening ?
Â*Â* --
Â*Â* Snag

E S is prone to problems like that.Â* For about $4Â* you can get aÂ* year
or two of service from www.blocknews.net

That's where I'm posting from ...
--
Snag

Frank[_24_] February 14th 18 01:05 PM

Peer's certificate ?

On 2/14/2018 7:34 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 2/13/2018 10:07 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/13/2018 9:22 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Â*Â* When trying to connect to usenet with eternal-september I get a
"peer's certificate expired" popup and no connection ... thus I'm
posting from blocknews . Good to have a backup !
Â*Â* Is anyone else having issues with e-s this evening ?
Â*Â* --
Â*Â* Snag

E S is prone to problems like that.Â* For about $4Â* you can get aÂ* year
or two of service from www.blocknews.net

Â* That's where I'm posting from ...
Â* --
Â* Snag

I roll over to aioe when ES gets flaky. With ng's practically dead, why
pay?

Ed Pawlowski February 14th 18 04:43 PM

Peer's certificate ?

On 2/14/2018 8:05 AM, Frank wrote:

year or two of service from www.blocknews.net

Â*Â* That's where I'm posting from ...
Â*Â* --
Â*Â* Snag

I roll over to aioe when ES gets flaky.Â* With ng's practically dead, why
pay?

Reliability. For $4 over a couple of years it is worth it to me to have
it work when I want it. Why bother with flaky at all?

Terry Coombs[_2_] February 14th 18 07:53 PM

Peer's certificate ?

On 2/13/2018 8:22 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Â* When trying to connect to usenet with eternal-september I get a
"peer's certificate expired" popup and no connection ... thus I'm
posting from blocknews . Good to have a backup !
Â* Is anyone else having issues with e-s this evening ?
Â* --
Â* Snag

Â* Dunno what the cause was , but e-s is back up .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on