Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Quiet a water flosser

I am looking for ways to quiet a water flosser.

It's pretty loud.

I have it sitting on some carpet pad which reduces vibration.

Thanks,
Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/30/2018 09:02 PM, Andy wrote:
I am looking for ways to quiet a water flosser.

It's pretty loud.

I have it sitting on some carpet pad which reduces vibration.

Thanks,
Andy

It would be cumbersome, but an acoustical tile enclosure? I realized
they were loud but didn't think much of it until one review suggested
using it while any roommates were awake to avoid being dangled out of a
second story window by your ankles.

People have mentioned that the cordless hand-held model is noisy so I
don't know if that would be a solution.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/30/2018 8:33 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 01/30/2018 09:02 PM, Andy wrote:
I am looking for ways to quiet a water flosser.

It's pretty loud.

I have it sitting on some carpet pad which reduces vibration.

Thanks,
Andy

It would be cumbersome, but an acoustical tile enclosure? I realized
they were loud but didn't think much of it until one review suggested
using it while any roommates were awake to avoid being dangled out of a
second story window by your ankles.

People have mentioned that the cordless hand-held model is noisy so I
don't know if that would be a solution.

Don't they make flossers that hook onto the water faucet and make
no noise at all?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 20:02:27 -0800 (PST), Andy
wrote:

I am looking for ways to quiet a water flosser.
It's pretty loud.
I have it sitting on some carpet pad which reduces vibration.
Thanks,
Andy

These are quiet :

http://www.mwdental.com/supplies/mon...urved-tip.html

John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 1:22:57 AM UTC-6, mike wrote:
On 1/30/2018 8:33 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 01/30/2018 09:02 PM, Andy wrote:
I am looking for ways to quiet a water flosser.

It's pretty loud.

I have it sitting on some carpet pad which reduces vibration.

Thanks,
Andy

It would be cumbersome, but an acoustical tile enclosure? I realized
they were loud but didn't think much of it until one review suggested
using it while any roommates were awake to avoid being dangled out of a
second story window by your ankles.

People have mentioned that the cordless hand-held model is noisy so I
don't know if that would be a solution.

Don't they make flossers that hook onto the water faucet and make
no noise at all?

They would not have the necessary power to flush out debris from between teeth.

Andy

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/30/18 11:02 PM, Andy wrote:
I am looking for ways to quiet a water flosser.

It's pretty loud.

I have it sitting on some carpet pad which reduces vibration.

Thanks,
Andy

Stick some cotton in you ears before turning it on.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 30 Jan 2018 20:02:27 -0800 (PST), Andy
wrote:

I am looking for ways to quiet a water flosser.

It's pretty loud.

I have it sitting on some carpet pad which reduces vibration.

Thanks,
Andy

It's probably the pump. To lessen the vibraton, use more viscous water.

Couldn't resist.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/31/2018 6:40 AM, Andy wrote:
[...]

Got any theory or specs or comparative observations to support that
assertion?

My Waterpik doesn't seem to have all that much pressure.

I'd measure it, but I don't want water in my pressure gauge.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/31/2018 05:18 PM, mike wrote:
On 1/31/2018 6:40 AM, Andy wrote:
[...]

https://www.waterpik.com/oral-health...-flosser-work/

"So how exactly does a Waterpik® Water Flosser work? The cleaning power
behind the Waterpik® Water Flosser is a combination of water pressure
and pulsations. When you direct the water from the flosser tip at your
gumline and between your teeth, the combination of pressure and
pulsations cleans away harmful plaque and food debris.

Studies show that pulsating water is more effective at cleaning vs. a
steady stream of water. And you can adjust the pressure setting to your
liking, from a gentle to maximum cleanse."

Unfortunately the pulsating part is what is noisy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/31/2018 6:40 AM, Andy wrote:
[...]

It's not pretty and will probably elicit some snickers. :-)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t30ughso70..._Box.jpeg?dl=0

It muffled the sound quite well.

Andy

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 20:02:27 -0800 (PST), Andy wrote:

I am looking for ways to quiet a water flosser.

If you can still find Ensolite... it is an amazing sound deadener.

When I was young, we had an LC Smith manual typewriter. It was built like a tank! The
thunking sound it made, echoed throughout the house. My dad brought home 4 small squares of
Ensolite, and put one under each foot of the typewriter. The difference in sound was
astounding.

They used to make camping/backpacking sleeping pads out of Ensolite, but I haven't seen them in
years.

Sometimes you can get industrial suppliers to give you samples of things. If they still make
Ensolite....

--
croy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 10:31:54 PM UTC-6, croy wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 20:02:27 -0800 (PST), Andy wrote:

I am looking for ways to quiet a water flosser.

If you can still find Ensolite... it is an amazing sound deadener.

When I was young, we had an LC Smith manual typewriter. It was built like a tank! The
thunking sound it made, echoed throughout the house. My dad brought home 4 small squares of
Ensolite, and put one under each foot of the typewriter. The difference in sound was
astounding.

They used to make camping/backpacking sleeping pads out of Ensolite, but I haven't seen them in
years.

Sometimes you can get industrial suppliers to give you samples of things. If they still make
Ensolite....

--
croy

They still make it.