Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Increase water flosser capacity

https://www.dropbox.com/s/njm0xqjmpd...osser.jpg?dl=0

I am trying to increase the capacity of my water flosser by using the jug to fill the flosser.

The problem is that it overflows it.

I tried restricting the flow but no luck.

Lowering the height did not help either.

Any ideas,

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, December 22, 2017 at 5:10:05 PM UTC-6, Andy wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/njm0xqjmpd...osser.jpg?dl=0

I am trying to increase the capacity of my water flosser by using the jug to fill the flosser.

The problem is that it overflows it.

I tried restricting the flow but no luck.

Lowering the height did not help either.

Any ideas,

Andy

Go to Harbor Freight, purchase a cheap pressure washer and clean your teeth in the shower. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Toothy Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/22/2017 6:10 PM, Andy wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/njm0xqjmpd...osser.jpg?dl=0

I am trying to increase the capacity of my water flosser by using the jug to fill the flosser.

The problem is that it overflows it.

I tried restricting the flow but no luck.

Lowering the height did not help either.

Any ideas,

Andy

Water tries to seek the same level. Out a shut off valve and fill as
needed by opening the valve.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/22/2017 6:10 PM, Andy wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/njm0xqjmpd...osser.jpg?dl=0

I am trying to increase the capacity of my water flosser by using the jug to fill the flosser.

The problem is that it overflows it.

I tried restricting the flow but no luck.

Lowering the height did not help either.

Any ideas,

Andy

Get rid of the tanks.Â* Just install a dedicated water outlet with water pressure reducing valve and plumb your flosser wand to that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/22/17 6:10 PM, Andy wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/njm0xqjmpd...osser.jpg?dl=0

I am trying to increase the capacity of my water flosser by using the jug to fill the flosser.

The problem is that it overflows it.

I tried restricting the flow but no luck.

Lowering the height did not help either.

Any ideas,

Andy

Why do you need a big jug?

--
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time or money
making it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, December 22, 2017 at 5:57:46 PM UTC-6, Wade Garrett wrote:

Why do you need a big jug?

That looks like one of those tanks that are used in dry cleaner
businesses for their steam irons.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, December 22, 2017 at 5:34:54 PM UTC-6, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Friday, December 22, 2017 at 5:10:05 PM UTC-6, Andy wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/njm0xqjmpd...osser.jpg?dl=0

I am trying to increase the capacity of my water flosser by using the jug to fill the flosser.

The problem is that it overflows it.

I tried restricting the flow but no luck.

Lowering the height did not help either.

Any ideas,

Andy

Go to Harbor Freight, purchase a cheap pressure washer and clean your teeth in the shower. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Toothy Monster

So that's how you ended up looking like an ape. :-)

Are you going for a Darwin award as well ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/22/17 6:10 PM, Andy wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/njm0xqjmpd...osser.jpg?dl=0

I am trying to increase the capacity of my water flosser by using the jug to fill the flosser.

The problem is that it overflows it.

I tried restricting the flow but no luck.

Lowering the height did not help either.

Any ideas,

Andy

Why do you need a big jug?

--
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time or money
making it.

To minimize fills. I use 20 oz. per use.

Andy

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, December 22, 2017 at 9:47:46 PM UTC-6, Andy wrote:
On Friday, December 22, 2017 at 5:34:54 PM UTC-6, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Friday, December 22, 2017 at 5:10:05 PM UTC-6, Andy wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/njm0xqjmpd...osser.jpg?dl=0

I am trying to increase the capacity of my water flosser by using the jug to fill the flosser.

The problem is that it overflows it.

I tried restricting the flow but no luck.

Lowering the height did not help either.

Any ideas,

Andy

Go to Harbor Freight, purchase a cheap pressure washer and clean your teeth in the shower. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Toothy Monster

So that's how you ended up looking like an ape. :-)

Are you going for a Darwin award as well ?

I do eat small children. The toes are the crunchy part. Of course, I could get food poisoning if they're undercooked. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Cannibal Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/22/2017 3:10 PM, Andy wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/njm0xqjmpd...osser.jpg?dl=0

I am trying to increase the capacity of my water flosser by using the jug to fill the flosser.

The problem is that it overflows it.

I tried restricting the flow but no luck.

Lowering the height did not help either.

Any ideas,

Andy

Remove the flosser tank and plumb the hose directly to the pump
input.
I'd lower the big tank too.

Sometimes, what seemed like a good idea at the time turns into
more hassle than it's worth.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/22/2017 6:10 PM, Andy wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/njm0xqjmpd...osser.jpg?dl=0

I am trying to increase the capacity of my water flosser by using the jug to fill the flosser.

The problem is that it overflows it.

I tried restricting the flow but no luck.

Lowering the height did not help either.

Any ideas,

Andy

Why mess up the whole bathroom? I use those small disposable brushes to
floss. They get under bridges and tight spaces. I was never happy with
a Water Pic.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, December 23, 2017 at 9:04:15 AM UTC-6, Frank wrote:
On 12/22/2017 6:10 PM, Andy wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/njm0xqjmpd...osser.jpg?dl=0

I am trying to increase the capacity of my water flosser by using the jug to fill the flosser.

The problem is that it overflows it.

I tried restricting the flow but no luck.

Lowering the height did not help either.

Any ideas,

Andy

Why mess up the whole bathroom? I use those small disposable brushes to
floss. They get under bridges and tight spaces. I was never happy with
a Water Pic.

There's no mess.

Water Pics get so much more food out that brushing and flossing can't.

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/23/2017 1:30 PM, Andy wrote:
On Saturday, December 23, 2017 at 9:04:15 AM UTC-6, Frank wrote:
On 12/22/2017 6:10 PM, Andy wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/njm0xqjmpd...osser.jpg?dl=0

I am trying to increase the capacity of my water flosser by using the jug to fill the flosser.

The problem is that it overflows it.

I tried restricting the flow but no luck.

Lowering the height did not help either.

Any ideas,

Andy

Why mess up the whole bathroom? I use those small disposable brushes to
floss. They get under bridges and tight spaces. I was never happy with
a Water Pic.

There's no mess.

Water Pics get so much more food out that brushing and flossing can't.

Andy

Been a while since I had a water pic and still needed a little extra.
The little brushes I mention will get between your teeth and under
bridges. I agree that brushing alone does not cut it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/22/2017 3:10 PM, Andy wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/njm0xqjmpd...osser.jpg?dl=0

I am trying to increase the capacity of my water flosser by using the jug to fill the flosser.

The problem is that it overflows it.

I tried restricting the flow but no luck.

Lowering the height did not help either.

Any ideas,

Andy

Use a non-flexible jug, and have the bottom of the tube at the lower
level you would want the water to go in the receiving container. when
the water gets lower, water will come out, and air will bubble up the
tube to replace it. when the water level gets above the tube, the air
and water will stop.The flexible jug you used will just collapse, and
the water will not stop. Tube size may need to be adjusted to supply the
correct amount of water with each blurp of air.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/23/2017 2:46 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 12/22/2017 3:10 PM, Andy wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/njm0xqjmpd...osser.jpg?dl=0

I am trying to increase the capacity of my water flosser by using the
jug to fill the flosser.

The problem is that it overflows it.

I tried restricting the flow but no luck.

Lowering the height did not help either.

Any ideas,

Andy

Use a non-flexible jug, and have the bottom of the tube at the lower
level you would want the water to go in the receiving container. when
the water gets lower, water will come out, and air will bubble up the
tube to replace it. when the water level gets above the tube, the air
and water will stop.The flexible jug you used will just collapse, and
the water will not stop. Tube size may need to be adjusted to supply the
correct amount of water with each blurp of air.

That was my first idea too, but I think that temperature variations
in a bathroom may result in overflows. Float valve at the bottom
would be more reliable.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, December 23, 2017 at 4:46:54 PM UTC-6, Bob F wrote:
On 12/22/2017 3:10 PM, Andy wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/njm0xqjmpd...osser.jpg?dl=0

I am trying to increase the capacity of my water flosser by using the jug to fill the flosser.

The problem is that it overflows it.

I tried restricting the flow but no luck.

Lowering the height did not help either.

Any ideas,

Andy

Use a non-flexible jug, and have the bottom of the tube at the lower
level you would want the water to go in the receiving container. when
the water gets lower, water will come out, and air will bubble up the
tube to replace it. when the water level gets above the tube, the air
and water will stop.The flexible jug you used will just collapse, and
the water will not stop. Tube size may need to be adjusted to supply the
correct amount of water with each blurp of air.

I ordered this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-4-InLine-...53.m2749.l2649

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/23/2017 9:15 PM, Andy wrote:
[...]

That oughta do it.
Seems a long way to go to avoid a pitcher that you fill from the sink
and pour into the flosser two feet away...
You're gonna stand there and wait for the fill longer than it would
take to do it manually from the sink.

I put the business end of a Pur water filter on the bathroom
faucet. Flip the handle and it goes out the hose.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, December 24, 2017 at 7:50:56 AM UTC-6, mike wrote:
[...]

It only took about 20 seconds to fill without a valve.

I've invested some time into this...may end up going back to manually filling it from the jug.

Sometimes things don't go as envisioned. :-)

Merry Christmas,
Andy
Member

Yes you chose any big wall to increase water.