Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Government shutdown over

Wow. I can breathe again. It doesn't seem to matter which set of
idiots
is running the show. They'll spend far more money than the government
takes
in.
I wonder how many people's lives were impacted by the show.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dean Hoffman wrote:

It doesn't seem to matter which set of
idiots is running the show. They'll spend far more money than the
government takes in.

That is a true statement.

--
Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/22/18 11:33 AM, BurfordTJustice wrote:
Internal polling it was not working the way libtards/democrats thought it
would.
So Schumer caved.

"Dean Hoffman" wrote in message
news : Wow. I can breathe again. It doesn't seem to matter which set of
: idiots
: is running the show. They'll spend far more money than the government
: takes
: in.
: I wonder how many people's lives were impacted by the show.

and of course you are privy to that internal polling?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 13:41:02 -0800, ZZyXX
wrote:

On 1/22/18 11:33 AM, BurfordTJustice wrote:
Internal polling it was not working the way libtards/democrats thought it
would.
So Schumer caved.

"Dean Hoffman" wrote in message
news : Wow. I can breathe again. It doesn't seem to matter which set of
: idiots
: is running the show. They'll spend far more money than the government
: takes
: in.
: I wonder how many people's lives were impacted by the show.

and of course you are privy to that internal polling?

When Schumer lost Wolf Blitzer it was like Johnson losing Cronkite in
Vietnam.
It was over, they just had to know when to quit.
This was Schumer's shutdown.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/22/2018 02:41 PM, ZZyXX wrote:
On 1/22/18 11:33 AM, BurfordTJustice wrote:
Internal polling it was not working the way libtards/democrats thought it
would.
So Schumer caved.

"Dean Hoffman" wrote in message
news : Wow. I can breathe again. It doesn't seem to matter which set of
: idiots
: is running the show. They'll spend far more money than the government
: takes
: in.
: I wonder how many people's lives were impacted by the show.

and of course you are privy to that internal polling?

No, but Sucky Chucky's defeat is there for all the world to see.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 1/22/18 11:33 AM, BurfordTJustice wrote:
Internal polling it was not working the way libtards/democrats thought it
would.
So Schumer caved.

"Dean Hoffman" wrote in message
news : Wow. I can breathe again. It doesn't seem to matter which set of
: idiots
: is running the show. They'll spend far more money than the government
: takes
: in.
: I wonder how many people's lives were impacted by the show.

and of course you are privy to that internal polling?

When Schumer lost Wolf Blitzer it was like Johnson losing Cronkite in
Vietnam.
It was over, they just had to know when to quit.
This was Schumer's shutdown.

I don't see how this is a loss for Schumer. Trump lit the fuse on DACA,
created the crisis in Sept, he set the March deadline. Trump and the GOP
had from then until now to legalize DACA. They did nothing until about
10 days ago. Then Congress comes up with a bipartisan proposal, after
being told by Trump two days earlier that they were great people, that
they'd come up with a great solution and he's sign it. Trump ********d it.
So, with DACA about to be deported starting in a month, the Democrats
forced the issue. They refused to pass a budget unless DACA is fixed.
The govt shut down for two days. Now it's open again, with the can
kicked down the road for just two weeks with a promise by McConnell
to bring DACA up before then. Trump is running around gloating,
claiming that he won, Democrats caved. That again is more proof of
where the problem is, who's the child. Polls show 70%+ Americans
want DACA legalized. Polls show by a wide margin, more people blame
Trump and the GOP for the shutdown. We have yet to see Trump say WTF
it is that he will sign. The media is showing people similar
to DACA people, people who have been here 30 or 40 years, being rounded
up, deported, families left fatherless. Polls show that Latinos want
Democrats in Congress in Nov 64% to 19%. And you really think Schumer
is the loser here?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I think the whole thing was stupid and Schumer is to blame. Evidently
enough other people agreed so he stopped it.
McConnell has said he wants to deal with immigration as a separate
issue and he has weeks to do it. In washington terms, that is an
eternity. They never do anything until the last minute. Schumer was
stupid to try to roll it up in a totally unrelated appropriations
bill. Nobody likes extortion.
If this is as popular as you say, it should be easy to get through
congress. I just have to wonder if the polls are slanted because it is
clear congress must think so. Bear in mind, those same pollsters
predicted a Hillary landslide so there does seem to be a flaw in their
modeling. It might be as simple as people who vote, hang up on
strangers on the phone. I know I do.