Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Computers: China and gmail MX domains

Hi All,

Please suffer an off topic question. I ask here as
yo guys are pretty impressive and YOU KNOW ALL AND
SEE ALL!!!!

I have a customer who uses the eMail that comes from his
web hosting service. His eMail service is really
bad, which is not unexpected from a web hosting service
as they really don't want to host eMail but do it because
their customers expect it.

So I recommend he host his eMail at gMail (MX). And,
just found out that China blocks gMail. His mail
recipients are mostly in China. Oh well ...

Does any one know if China is only blocking @gmail.com
accounts that are blocked or does China also block
domains that have their eMail hosted (MX) on gMail?

Many thanks,
-T
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, January 7, 2018 at 11:34:47 PM UTC-6, T wrote:
Hi All,

Please suffer an off topic question. I ask here as
yo guys are pretty impressive and YOU KNOW ALL AND
SEE ALL!!!!

I have a customer who uses the eMail that comes from his
web hosting service. His eMail service is really
bad, which is not unexpected from a web hosting service
as they really don't want to host eMail but do it because
their customers expect it.

So I recommend he host his eMail at gMail (MX). And,
just found out that China blocks gMail. His mail
recipients are mostly in China. Oh well ...

Does any one know if China is only blocking @gmail.com
accounts that are blocked or does China also block
domains that have their eMail hosted (MX) on gMail?

Many thanks,
-T

I did a little search with The Duck and found this site. There are many more sites listed with info on the subject. ^_^

https://www.comparitech.com/privacy-...lockedinchina/

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=what+Email...ed+by+china%3F

[8~{} Uncle Search Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/07/2018 10:53 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

Hi Uncle smarter than me Monster,

Cool. Thank you!

Now to find some one with a gMail MX record.

Found one. But he checker just spins and never answers.

alt2.aspmx.l.google.com.
alt4.aspmx.l.google.com.
alt3.aspmx.l.google.com.
aspmx.l.google.com.
alt1.aspmx.l.google.com.

With "google.com" I am pretty sure it would be blocked.

Zoho.com is not blocked. They have a data facility is China,
which is probably why Google is being blocked: no China
presence (China does tend to look after their own).
Zoho is not as good as gMail though.

-T

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=what+Email...ed+by+china%3F

[8~{} Uncle Search Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/07/2018 11:42 PM, T wrote:
On 01/07/2018 10:53 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Sunday, January 7, 2018 at 11:34:47 PM UTC-6, T wrote:
Hi All,

Please suffer an off topic question.Â* I ask here as
yo guys are pretty impressive and YOU KNOW ALL AND
SEE ALL!!!!

I have a customer who uses the eMail that comes from his
web hosting service.Â* His eMail service is really
bad, which is not unexpected from a web hosting service
as they really don't want to host eMail but do it because
their customers expect it.

So I recommend he host his eMail at gMail (MX).Â*Â* And,
just found out that China blocks gMail.Â* His mail
recipients are mostly in China.Â* Oh well ...

Does any one know if China is only blocking @gmail.com
accounts that are blocked or does China also block
domains that have their eMail hosted (MX) on gMail?

Many thanks,
-T

I did a little search with The Duck and found this site. There are
many more sites listed with info on the subject. ^_^

https://www.comparitech.com/privacy-...lockedinchina/

Hi Uncle smarter than me Monster,

Cool.Â* Thank you!

Now to find some one with a gMail MX record.

Found one.Â* But he checker just spins and never answers.

alt2.aspmx.l.google.com.
alt4.aspmx.l.google.com.
alt3.aspmx.l.google.com.
aspmx.l.google.com.
alt1.aspmx.l.google.com.

With "google.com" I am pretty sure it would be blocked.

Zoho.com is not blocked.Â* They have a data facility is China,
which is probably why Google is being blocked: no China
presence (China does tend to look after their own).
Zoho is not as good as gMail though.

-T

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=what+Email...ed+by+china%3F

[8~{} Uncle Search Monster

https://www.greatfirewallofchina.org...x.l.google.com

Yup, MX are blocked.

Posted to alt.home.repair

T wrote:

Hi All,

Please suffer an off topic question. I ask here as
yo guys are pretty impressive and YOU KNOW ALL AND
SEE ALL!!!!

I have a customer who uses the eMail that comes from his
web hosting service. His eMail service is really
bad, which is not unexpected from a web hosting service
as they really don't want to host eMail but do it because
their customers expect it.

So I recommend he host his eMail at gMail (MX). And,
just found out that China blocks gMail. His mail
recipients are mostly in China. Oh well ...

Does any one know if China is only blocking @gmail.com
accounts that are blocked or does China also block
domains that have their eMail hosted (MX) on gMail?

Mail servers in the PRC operate on the perimeter of the great firewall.
This means approved Chinese mail servers can exchange email with any
other mail servers outside of the PRC.

In other words, a gmail account user in the USA can easily exchange
emails with a PRC resident using a PRC approved email provider.

The twist which is confusing you is, Google / Gmail servers are not
accessible from behind the great firewall, so someone with a gmail
account cannot access that account from within the PRC.

People and businesses were circumventing this restriction inside of the
PRC by using a VPN, but, as of 11 January 2018, the PRC is clamping
down on the use of VPNs which cross the perimeter of the great firewall.

Test it yourself, use a gmail account to send an email to a contact in
China, they will not only receive it but they will be able to reply.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/08/2018 07:21 AM, Dove Tail wrote:
T wrote:

[...]

The switch has not been made to gMail MX host yet, so I will just
recommend that the customer use zoho.com instead.

Zoho has a hosting facility inside China, which may be what this
is about after all. China does look after its own.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/08/2018 07:21 AM, Dove Tail wrote:
Chinese mail servers can exchange email with any
other mail servers outside of the PRC

Just a idiom, the "PRC" in these parts means
the "Peoples Republic of California". Chuckle.

We get a lot of their refugees here in Nevada.

Thank you for your help on the great wall problem.
Posted to alt.home.repair

T wrote:

On 01/08/2018 07:21 AM, Dove Tail wrote:
Chinese mail servers can exchange email with any
other mail servers outside of the PRC

Just a idiom, the "PRC" in these parts means
the "Peoples Republic of California". Chuckle.

We get a lot of their refugees here in Nevada.

Thank you for your help on the great wall problem.

Actually, no, the abbreviation PRC stands for the People's Republic of
China.

The great state of California is a bastion of democracy, one which will
most likely lead the USA out of the national nightmare known as Trump.

You are welcome for the assistance.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dove Tail wrote:

T wrote:

On 01/08/2018 07:21 AM, Dove Tail wrote:
Chinese mail servers can exchange email with any
other mail servers outside of the PRC

Just a idiom, the "PRC" in these parts means
the "Peoples Republic of California". Chuckle.

We get a lot of their refugees here in Nevada.

Thank you for your help on the great wall problem.

Actually, no, the abbreviation PRC stands for the People's Republic of
China.

The great state of California is a bastion of democracy, one which
will most likely lead the USA out of the national nightmare known as
Trump.

You are welcome for the assistance.

Correcting myself, PRC is an acronym for the People's Republic of
China, not an idiom or an abbreviation. Obviously, "T" is contagious.
:-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/08/2018 01:01 PM, Dove Tail wrote:
The great state of California is a bastion of democracy, one which will
most likely lead the USA out of the national nightmare known as Trump.

That would be explain all the refugees. :'(

You do realize the PRC (Peoples Republic of California) is essentially
a one party state with all its media and public education controlled
by that same party?

"bastion of democracy" ???? More like a "bastion of Gleichschaltung
(conformity)". There is very, very little free and open exchange
of idea and information. You conform or else. Hell, the
CEO of Mozilla was forced out because he did not support gay
marriage. Google fires anyone who is not a leftist. The PRC
is in a long battle with the Catholic Church about forcing
them to fund abortions. The PRC is disgusting.

But, you know, a lot of the PRC's refugees come bearing money
and start business in Nevada which is a boom for us. On the
other hand, they also try to re-establish their "utopia"
here and start to make us as bad as what the ran from.

Posted to alt.home.repair

T wrote:

[...]

Yawn, Trump style demagoguery and hatred.

I hade no idea there was an area in Russia named Nevada.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, January 8, 2018 at 3:01:50 PM UTC-6, Dove Tail wrote:
T wrote:

On 01/08/2018 07:21 AM, Dove Tail wrote:
Chinese mail servers can exchange email with any
other mail servers outside of the PRC

Just a idiom, the "PRC" in these parts means
the "Peoples Republic of California". Chuckle.

We get a lot of their refugees here in Nevada.

Thank you for your help on the great wall problem.

Actually, no, the abbreviation PRC stands for the People's Republic of
China.

The great state of California is a bastion of democracy, one which will
most likely lead the USA out of the national nightmare known as Trump.

You are welcome for the assistance.

Poor Dove Anus. That Trump Derangement Syndrome you're afflicted with is never-ending. SAD SO SAD. We patriotic Americans would be glad to see Californiastan secede from The United States. Mexicans are taking it over anyway so it might as well become part of Mexico. Here's a little clue for you. No matter how much you Commiecrat Freaks wish for Trump to be removed from office, it's not going to happen. I'm pretty sure he will serve a second term whether you freaks like it or not. You can howl, whine and complain and claim that Oprah Winfrey will be the next President but it is as likely as HITLERy Clinton becoming President. The simple fact is, the folks who have jobs and a bigger paycheck because of Trump are going to tell you to STFU and crawl back under your rock. Your mental illness knows no bounds. Get some psychiatric help soon before you go completely off the rails and harm yourself or others. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Observant Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/08/2018 02:44 PM, Dove Tail wrote:
T wrote:

[...]

Name caller.

I hade no idea there was an area in Russia named Nevada.

Name caller

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/08/2018 03:06 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
We patriotic Americans would be glad to see Californiastan secede from The United States.

1+

And put a glass dome over San Francisco. Watch everything they do
and do the exact opposite. Life will be good.

Oh and break up the 9th Circus Court of Appeals into four.
Make the current bunch just cover San Francisco and
cut their funding.

AND BAN GLASS CUTTERS !!!!!!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

T wrote:

[...]

How come more new jobs were created in 2016 than in 2017? How come the labor participation rate is lower now than a year ago? My prediction is the stench from Trump is so great that even if some people wind up with a few more bucks, it won't matter. And Trump and the GOP will regret the day they said to hell with the Republicans in the blue states. That day will be when they lose control of congress.
Posted to alt.home.repair

T wrote:

[...]

So you're answering to Dove Anus now? I knew something was very wrong with you. ^_^

A thousand ad homies were attacked and murdered by this post. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Observant Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

T wrote:

[...]

I can live with being a "name caller" simply because the terms and
names I apply to you and Trump are 100% accurate. Feel free to call me
a name caller, I will wear it proudly.

You are a Russian troll, take some pride in what you are and admit it.

Your heritage is Russian, your mannerisms are Russian, your politics
are Russian. You consider the USA to be your enemy and you will do
everything possible to destroy this country.

The only other explanation for your behavior is that you are a traitor.

Either way, you are going to fail and rest assured, pay-back will be
costly.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster wrote:

So you're answering to Dove Anus now? I knew something was very wrong
with you.

Auntie, the wheels are coming off your train the same way they are with
Trump's.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/08/2018 05:57 PM, Dove Tail wrote:
Uncle Monster wrote:

So you're answering to Dove Anus now? I knew something was very wrong
with you.

Auntie, the wheels are coming off your train the same way they are with
Trump's.

Whatever set of wheels he is using, SEND ME A SET !!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

T wrote:

[...]

Name caller: Russian troll, traitor, consider the USA your enemy

You smear and lie about folks wether it is me or Trump or anyone else.
You come across as a total jerk, not someone to have an interesting
conversation with.

Do you ever think for yourself or do you only conform?

I have asked you repeatedly what you were but you refuse to answer.
You "sound" a lot like a typical condescending Brit, but who knows
as you won't say. Maybe you just picked your jerk-ness from one of them.

By the way, I am a decorated American veteran. Have you ever
served your country -- whatever than may be -- or do you just
let others do it for you?

Posted to alt.home.repair

T wrote:

[...]

ROFL. That's another good one coming from the sycophant that worships at the alter of Trump, that makes one excuse, one life after another to try to excuse Trump.

I have asked you repeatedly what you were but you refuse to answer.
You "sound" a lot like a typical condescending Brit

And now in a post complaining about name calling, here you are lumping all Britts together as condescending. For the record, you're talking about Bod, who isn't condescending, he just sees the same Trump **** show that most Americans see.

, but who knows
as you won't say. Maybe you just picked your jerk-ness from one of them.

By the way, I am a decorated American veteran. Have you ever
served your country -- whatever than may be -- or do you just
let others do it for you?

So now only vets have the right to speak out? Has your messiah Trump ever served? No, he used student deferment and then an alleged bone spur to avoid the draft. The rich kid bugged out, while the poor went and died. He compared his chasing women to service in Vietnam. Yet he shoots his mouth off about anything and everything. He even has the incredible gall and insensitivity to say that McCain is no war hero. Yet you say all that is swell. You trumpets never cease to amaze.
Posted to alt.home.repair

T wrote:

Name caller: Russian troll, traitor, consider the USA your enemy

You smear and lie about folks wether it is me or Trump or anyone else.
You come across as a total jerk, not someone to have an interesting
conversation with.

I am not trying to have an interesting conversation with you. You are
a Russian troll and you should not be normalized or be allowed to
pretend you are something other than you are.

Do you ever think for yourself or do you only conform?

I have asked you repeatedly what you were but you refuse to answer.
You "sound" a lot like a typical condescending Brit, but who knows
as you won't say. Maybe you just picked your jerk-ness from one of
them.

I don't really care what you have asked me. Feel free to call me any
names you wish, none of your words will distract from your Russian
troll actions.

By the way, I am a decorated American veteran. Have you ever
served your country -- whatever than may be -- or do you just
let others do it for you?

Anyone can claim to be anything on Usenet, I don't believe a word you
write as everything you write is in furtherance of the goals of
Vladimir Putin and your Russian troll masters.

You are an enemy of the USA.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/09/2018 07:52 AM, Dove Tail wrote:
T wrote:

[...]

Dude, you are hopeless.