Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Monitoring connection to Burglar Alarm

A friend's burglar alarm needs testing, probably several times.

I know it would be better if I had the model number for the wireless
communicator to her monitoring service, but she's not living there now
and it will be weeks before I go there again.

"In general" if one unplugs the wire from the alarm box to the cellular
communicator**, does the system work again as soon as it's plugged back
in, or is some setup needed. I don't have the procedure for setting up
the communicator.

If not "in general" then, the case of the alarm you have.

**(so that the testing doesn't require calling the alarm company in
advance each day)

Her alarm is old, Moose Z1100E, but the communicator is about 4 years
old.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/17/2017 5:12 AM, BurfordTJustice wrote:
Read the ****ing manual.

:
: I know it would be better if I had the model number for the wireless
: communicator to her monitoring service, but she's not living there now
: and it will be weeks before I go there again.
:
: "In general" if one unplugs the wire from the alarm box to the cellular
: communicator**, does the system work again as soon as it's plugged back
: in, or is some setup needed. I don't have the procedure for setting up
: the communicator.
:
: If not "in general" then, the case of the alarm you have.
:
: **(so that the testing doesn't require calling the alarm company in
: advance each day)
:
: Her alarm is old, Moose Z1100E, but the communicator is about 4 years
: old.

or just give it a few tries.
Posted to alt.home.repair

micky posted for all of us...

A friend's burglar alarm needs testing, probably several times.

I know it would be better if I had the model number for the wireless
communicator to her monitoring service, but she's not living there now
and it will be weeks before I go there again.

"In general" if one unplugs the wire from the alarm box to the cellular
communicator**, does the system work again as soon as it's plugged back
in, or is some setup needed. I don't have the procedure for setting up
the communicator.

If not "in general" then, the case of the alarm you have.

**(so that the testing doesn't require calling the alarm company in
advance each day)

Her alarm is old, Moose Z1100E, but the communicator is about 4 years
old.

I presume she pays for a monitoring service; if so just call them and tell
them you will be testing the alarm.

--
Tekkie