Posted to alt.home.repair
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= =?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= is offline

Default Monitoring connection to Burglar Alarm

micky posted for all of us...

A friend's burglar alarm needs testing, probably several times.

I know it would be better if I had the model number for the wireless
communicator to her monitoring service, but she's not living there now
and it will be weeks before I go there again.

"In general" if one unplugs the wire from the alarm box to the cellular
communicator**, does the system work again as soon as it's plugged back
in, or is some setup needed. I don't have the procedure for setting up
the communicator.

If not "in general" then, the case of the alarm you have.

**(so that the testing doesn't require calling the alarm company in
advance each day)

Her alarm is old, Moose Z1100E, but the communicator is about 4 years
old.

I presume she pays for a monitoring service; if so just call them and tell
them you will be testing the alarm.

--
Tekkie