Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Concealed carry in America.

On 17/10/2017 20:43, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 12:29:33 PM UTC-4, Bod wrote:
On 17/10/2017 17:21, rbowman wrote:
On 10/17/2017 07:39 AM, Bod wrote:
Ok, but to me the guns he used sounded like *very* rapid non stop
firings. I assume he only needed to pull the trigger once to empty the
bullet cartridge.

I assume you mean magazine. Bullets are the projectiles. Cartridges are
the assembled case, powder, primer, and bullet. A magazine is what the
cartridges go into.

Those technicalities aside, with the bump fire system the trigger is
actuated each time. Picture a pendulum; with each swing of the pendulum
the finger is pressed against the trigger. No, there is not an actual
pendulum involved but the mechanism is bouncing around in the stock.No
offense but it is hard to explain to someone with no familiarity with
semi-automatic rifles.

To my mind they were automatic as opposed to manually firing a single
shot with each pull of the trigger.

No, each shot was fired singly and not too accurately I might add. In
this case accuracy mattered little. That says something about the
psychology too. It was all somewhat abstract for him. He was not
selecting individuals, putting the crosshairs on a specific person and
squeezing off the shot. In a way he was bringing his gambling to the
scene; fill the air with death and let luck determine the outcome.

"No, each shot was fired singly"!? now I'm confused. I thought his guns
had been converted to fire automatically with a single pull of the trigger.

--
Bod

IDK exactly what he means by "fired singly". Even in full auto, each shot
is fired one at a time. The bump stock uses the recoil of the rifle
together with your trigger finger, to move the trigger, which immediately
fires the gun again. Full auto you just hold the trigger, the gun
mechanism keeps it firing as fast as it can cycle. The effect is with
semi-auto, you can fire as fast as you can pull the trigger. With
bump you fire substantially faster than that because the recoil is
working the trigger. The police responding
reported back from the sounds of the shots, that it was a full auto
that they were dealing with. Full auto though is faster than what you
can get with a bump stock. I saw it reported that the shooter fired
90 rounds in 10 secs. If true that's 9 rounds a sec and about twice
what you'd get with a semi-auto and quick finger. Full auto would be
even higher though.

Wow, 9 rounds a second, that's an insane speed.
Nice explanation and thankyou.

--
Bod