Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Furnace won't heat

Model DGAT090BDD
Furnace will turn on, ignite, blower comes on, but when calls for the propane
to come in, it clicks, stays running, but blows cold air.
The green indicator light blinks 5 times

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...t-1147153-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 22:44:02 GMT, MarkB
m wrote:

Model DGAT090BDD
Furnace will turn on, ignite, blower comes on, but when calls for the propane
to come in, it clicks, stays running, but blows cold air.
The green indicator light blinks 5 times

https://www.repairclinic.com/RepairH...ing-DGAT090BDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 6:44:07 PM UTC-4, MarkB wrote:
Model DGAT090BDD
Furnace will turn on, ignite, blower comes on, but when calls for the propane
to come in, it clicks, stays running, but blows cold air.
The green indicator light blinks 5 times

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...t-1147153-.htm

I believe what you're saying is that it goes normally until it should light.
Is the click sound coming from the gas valve solenoid? Have a voltmeter
to see if it has 24V for it to open? If it's clicking, I'd check for
gas before the valve, any chance of an obstruction? The inside of the
door panels usually have the key to the number of blinks and the problem.
Sounds like the igniter is hot, but the gas doesn't arrive to get lit.
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:
On Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 6:44:07 PM UTC-4, MarkB wrote:
Model DGAT090BDD
Furnace will turn on, ignite, blower comes on, but when calls for the propane
to come in, it clicks, stays running, but blows cold air.
The green indicator light blinks 5 times

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...t-1147153-.htm

I believe what you're saying is that it goes normally until it should light.
Is the click sound coming from the gas valve solenoid? Have a voltmeter
to see if it has 24V for it to open? If it's clicking, I'd check for
gas before the valve, any chance of an obstruction? The inside of the
door panels usually have the key to the number of blinks and the problem.
Sounds like the igniter is hot, but the gas doesn't arrive to get lit.

He might also check for an open coil on the gas valve. This in not
uncommon. Do so with one wire on the coil disconnected.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2017-10-13, Ken wrote:

He might also check for an open coil on the gas valve. This in not
uncommon. Do so with one wire on the coil disconnected.

He might also check the igniter.

I've got a small central-air furnace and the igniter goes away about
every 5 yrs. It jes "burns" away, so there is zero ignition to the
propane gas. I've replaced 2 in the last 10 yrs. I now keep a new
one next to the main furnace, awaiting the next failure.

(Damn inconvenient to lose one's furnace at 3 o'clock in the morning
and it's minus degrees, outside!)

nb