Posted to alt.home.repair

Default dog digs hole

My dog keeps digging a hole in the same spot and I keep filling it up
with dirt. This spot is right in front of the steps off the back deck
so I can't leave it there. I yell at her, I bring her over to the hole
and tell her "No" or "Bad Dog" but she keeps doing it. There isn't
anything there other than fresh dirt and the hard compacted stuff
underneath it.

How can I stop the dog from doing this?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 2 Oct 2017 21:26:36 +0000 (UTC), "badgolferman"
wrote:

My dog keeps digging a hole in the same spot and I keep filling it up
with dirt. This spot is right in front of the steps off the back deck
so I can't leave it there. I yell at her, I bring her over to the hole
and tell her "No" or "Bad Dog" but she keeps doing it. There isn't
anything there other than fresh dirt and the hard compacted stuff
underneath it.

How can I stop the dog from doing this?

Good luck. Dogs lay in dirt to cool themselves (belly). To eliminate
the body heat. My African dog lays on cool tile or slab concrete in
the garage or on the patio.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

My dog keeps digging a hole in the same spot and I keep filling it up
with dirt. This spot is right in front of the steps off the back deck
so I can't leave it there. I yell at her, I bring her over to the hole
and tell her "No" or "Bad Dog" but she keeps doing it. There isn't
anything there other than fresh dirt and the hard compacted stuff
underneath it.

How can I stop the dog from doing this?

Good luck. Dogs lay in dirt to cool themselves (belly). To eliminate
the body heat. My African dog lays on cool tile or slab concrete in
the garage or on the patio.

Get a shovel full of lion or tiger scat from the local zoo, bury a
little under- or mix some with- the dirt you back fill with. Your dog
will steer clear, way clear....

--
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time or money
making it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/2/17 4:26 PM, badgolferman wrote:
My dog keeps digging a hole in the same spot and I keep filling it up
with dirt. This spot is right in front of the steps off the back deck
so I can't leave it there. I yell at her, I bring her over to the hole
and tell her "No" or "Bad Dog" but she keeps doing it. There isn't
anything there other than fresh dirt and the hard compacted stuff
underneath it.

How can I stop the dog from doing this?

There are a couple fixes he
http://home.howstuffworks.com/how-to-make-homemade-dog-repellent.htm
No idea if they work but they'd be handy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

There isn't
anything there other than fresh dirt and the hard compacted stuff
underneath it.

Are you sure? Jimmy Hoffa may be buried there.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/02/2017 02:26 PM, badgolferman wrote:
My dog keeps digging a hole in the same spot and I keep filling it up
with dirt. This spot is right in front of the steps off the back deck
so I can't leave it there. I yell at her, I bring her over to the hole
and tell her "No" or "Bad Dog" but she keeps doing it. There isn't
anything there other than fresh dirt and the hard compacted stuff
underneath it.

How can I stop the dog from doing this?

Hi Badgolferman,

This is because she is a domesticated wolf. Wolves
bury their catch for later dining. And they will
steel from each other, so if they find a hole, they
will dig it up figuring there is dinner beneath.
She keeps digging it up because she sees that it
has been disturbed.

Okay, here is a trick a dog lover told me.

1) put the dog somewhere she can't see what you are doing.

2) blow up a ballon, tie it off, and put it in the hole

3) thinly cover the hole with dirt. Don't try to hide
the cover up job. You want her to think another
dogs has had at the hole. Just make it so she
can't see the ballon and will scratch at it. This
will make her think another dogs buried food.

4) let dog lose in the yard. Scratch! Bang! Problem
solved.

Do this with all her holes.

Laughing is allowed.

:-)

-T
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
My dog keeps digging a hole in the same spot and I keep filling it up
with dirt. This spot is right in front of the steps off the back deck
so I can't leave it there. I yell at her, I bring her over to the hole
and tell her "No" or "Bad Dog" but she keeps doing it. There isn't
anything there other than fresh dirt and the hard compacted stuff
underneath it.
How can I stop the dog from doing this?

Start peeing on that spot every night.
See if that stops the dog from digging there.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 02 Oct 2017 18:39:31 -0500, "Space Cadet"
wrote:

Start peeing on that spot every night.
See if that stops the dog from digging there.

Bull****. Ever see a dog rub in rode kill or dead animals full of
naggots?

Dogs love the stink

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Start peeing on that spot every night.
See if that stops the dog from digging there.

Bull****. Ever see a dog rub in rode kill or dead animals full of
naggots?

Dogs love the stink

It comes from their wolf heritage. They are covering
up their scent for hunting purposes. It is instinct.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/2/2017 6:27 PM, T wrote:
On 10/02/2017 02:26 PM, badgolferman wrote:
My dog keeps digging a hole in the same spot and I keep filling it up
with dirt.Â* This spot is right in front of the steps off the back deck
so I can't leave it there.Â* I yell at her, I bring her over to the hole
and tell her "No" or "Bad Dog" but she keeps doing it.Â* There isn't
anything there other than fresh dirt and the hard compacted stuff
underneath it.

How can I stop the dog from doing this?

Hi Badgolferman,

This is because she is a domesticated wolf.Â* Wolves
bury their catch for later dining.Â* And they will
steel from each other, so if they find a hole, they
will dig it up figuring there is dinner beneath.
She keeps digging it up because she sees that it
has been disturbed.

Okay, here is a trick a dog lover told me.

1) put the dog somewhere she can't see what you are doing.

2) blow up a ballon, tie it off, and put it in the hole

3) thinly cover the hole with dirt.Â* Don't try to hide
Â*Â* the cover up job.Â* You want her to think another
Â*Â* dogs has had at the hole.Â* Just make it so she
Â*Â* can't see the ballon and will scratch at it.Â* This
Â*Â* will make her think another dogs buried food.

4) let dog lose in the yard.Â* Scratch!Â* Bang!Â* Problem
Â*Â* solved.

Do this with all her holes.

Laughing is allowed.

:-)

-T

That is really funny, T!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

"badgolferman" wrote in message

My dog keeps digging a hole in the same spot and I keep filling it up
with dirt. This spot is right in front of the steps off the back deck
so I can't leave it there. I yell at her, I bring her over to the hole
and tell her "No" or "Bad Dog" but she keeps doing it. There isn't
anything there other than fresh dirt and the hard compacted stuff
underneath it.

How can I stop the dog from doing this?

Bury some of the dog's own **** there, not too far down, and it won't dig
there again.
Kenny

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/02/2017 11:32 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/2/2017 6:27 PM, T wrote:
[...]

Yah, real ****ing funny...Until the dog gets sand/dirt in its eyes.

What kind of sick ******* would do that to their pet?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 3 Oct 2017 04:14:29 -0400, Jake wrote:
That is really funny, T!

Yah, real ****ing funny...Until the dog gets sand/dirt in its eyes.

What kind of sick ******* would do that to their pet?

So, you don't think the dog gets dirt in its eyes when it digs the
hole?

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2017-10-02, badgolferman wrote:

How can I stop the dog from doing this?

Buy him a ticket to a C&W concert in Las Vegas?

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/03/2017 09:16 AM, Muggles wrote:
On Tue, 3 Oct 2017 04:14:29 -0400, Jake wrote:
That is really funny, T!

Yah, real ****ing funny...Until the dog gets sand/dirt in its eyes.

What kind of sick ******* would do that to their pet?

So, you don't think the dog gets dirt in its eyes when it digs the hole?

When the balloon pops, the compressed air (and sand) blasts outward and into the dog's eyes.

Not something I'd do to my dog.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/2/2017 6:27 PM, T wrote:
[...]

Â*Â*Â* the cover up job.Â* You want her to think another
Â*Â*Â* dogs has had at the hole.Â* Just make it so she
Â*Â*Â* can't see the ballon and will scratch at it.Â* This
Â*Â*Â* will make her think another dogs buried food.

4) let dog lose in the yard.Â* Scratch!Â* Bang!Â* Problem
Â*Â*Â* solved.

Do this with all her holes.

Laughing is allowed.

:-)

-T

That is really funny, T!

Yah, real ****ing funny...Until the dog gets sand/dirt in its eyes.

What kind of sick ******* would do that to their pet?

OH BROTHER!!!

Dogs deal with dirt in their eyes all the time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 3 Oct 2017 13:20:04 -0700, T wrote:

OH BROTHER!!!

Dogs deal with dirt in their eyes all the time.

Dogs have a really tough life these days.