Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default dog digs hole

On 10/2/17 5:36 PM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 2 Oct 2017 21:26:36 +0000 (UTC), "badgolferman"
wrote:

My dog keeps digging a hole in the same spot and I keep filling it up
with dirt. This spot is right in front of the steps off the back deck
so I can't leave it there. I yell at her, I bring her over to the hole
and tell her "No" or "Bad Dog" but she keeps doing it. There isn't
anything there other than fresh dirt and the hard compacted stuff
underneath it.

How can I stop the dog from doing this?

Good luck. Dogs lay in dirt to cool themselves (belly). To eliminate
the body heat. My African dog lays on cool tile or slab concrete in
the garage or on the patio.

Get a shovel full of lion or tiger scat from the local zoo, bury a
little under- or mix some with- the dirt you back fill with. Your dog
will steer clear, way clear....

--
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time or money
making it.