Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Substitutes for Gorilla Glue

I am looking for recommendations for better alternatives for Gorilla glue.

Gorilla glue is great.

Except for one major problem.

After around 5 uses, the glue solidifies in the 2 ounce bottle.

So around 70% of the bottle is wasted.

Thanks,

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/23/17 12:50 AM, Andy wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for better alternatives for Gorilla
glue.

Gorilla glue is great.

Except for one major problem.

After around 5 uses, the glue solidifies in the 2 ounce bottle.

So around 70% of the bottle is wasted.

Thanks,

Andy

Both Gorilla Glue and Super Glue package single use versions.
Krazy Glue does too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/23/2017 7:21 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 8/23/17 12:50 AM, Andy wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for better alternatives for Gorilla
glue.

Gorilla glue is great.

Except for one major problem.

After around 5 uses, the glue solidifies in the 2 ounce bottle.

So around 70% of the bottle is wasted.

Thanks,

Andy

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Both Gorilla Glue and Super Glue package single use versions.
Krazy Glue does too.

Gorilla glue is a polyurethane that cures by moisture. The large bottle
is poorly designed in that it appears to be polyethylene which is one of
the worst polymers to exclude water. You would thing the company would
have corrected that flaw by now but all they do is make the small foil
sealed packets.

I prefer 2 part epoxies in syringe type dispensers that meter out
correct mix and will last for years in the package. Longer cure time
but they make mixes that will set in 5 minutes if quicker bond is needed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Andy, Iggy wrote:
I agree with Dean Hoffman, those little packs are great for small projects and
the perfect solution to your preferred glue. However, most glue bottles can be
stored indefinitely by finding a right-size screw-on cap from other products
you use to replace the dispensing cap when not in use. Sealing out moisture
and air is not a dispensing cap's strength and almost none do it well.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...e-1141967-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/23/2017 12:50 AM, Andy wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for better alternatives for Gorilla glue.

Gorilla glue is great.

Except for one major problem.

After around 5 uses, the glue solidifies in the 2 ounce bottle.

So around 70% of the bottle is wasted.

Thanks,

Andy

I have a little bottle of Gorilla Glue that I have had for months,
maybe a year, and it is still liquid. Are you sure you are closing
it up tightly?

Bill

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/23/2017 8:10 AM, Bill Gill wrote:
On 8/23/2017 12:50 AM, Andy wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for better alternatives for Gorilla
glue.

Gorilla glue is great.

Except for one major problem.

After around 5 uses, the glue solidifies in the 2 ounce bottle.

So around 70% of the bottle is wasted.

Thanks,

Andy

I have a little bottle of Gorilla Glue that I have had for months,
maybe a year, and it is still liquid.Â* Are you sure you are closing
it up tightly?

Bill

Â* I have a small one in the refrigerator that has been open for a
couple of years or more . Still liquid and usable - I just checked it ,
it's thick but that's probably because it's cold .

Â* --

Â* Snag