Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Laminate flooring waterproof protection

I'm currently using my old laminate flooring to use as a wall in the bathroom until I can afford splashback. I've heard I can use furniture varnish or furniture polish is this true or will the moisture off the shower/bath ruin the wood.

Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

It's around my bath/shower, I was told I could use furniture varnish or polish. It's only until I can afford to get splash back to cover the laminate flooring
Posted to alt.home.repair

Is there anything I can use to waterproof it at all

Posted to alt.home.repair

That's great, cheers mate. That'll do till I can afford the splash back to go on
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, August 16, 2017 at 3:55:00 PM UTC-4, wrote:
It's around my bath/shower, I was told I could use furniture varnish or polish. It's only until I can afford to get splash back to cover the laminate flooring

"ARound the shower" still doesn't answer the question. That could mean
anything from ceiling to floor in the shower or only a section of wall
above a shower enclosure that gets little water on it.
I guess in any case, I'm not seeing the great savings in doing it
twice. Some tile doesn't cost that much, it's the labor that's usually
the bigger factor. And if you use laminate in the wrong area, the
backer board gets screwed, then you have a bigger job. IDK how you're
going to fasten it, remove it without screwing the board anyway, that's
another issue.