Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Laminate flooring waterproof protection

On Wednesday, August 16, 2017 at 8:56:45 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/15/2017 10:45 PM, wrote:
I'm currently using my old laminate flooring to use as a wall in the bathroom until I can afford splashback. I've heard I can use furniture varnish or furniture polish is this true or will the moisture off the shower/bath ruin the wood.

Thanks

Laminate is usually some type of plastic over hardboard and is fairly
waterproof. Most damage comes from water getting between the seams and
getting to the backing. What wall is this on? How much water?

It's also used to refer to thin real hardwood over engineered substrate,
so who knows what he has or like you say, where it's going. If it's
a wall in the bathroom, it should be fine. If it's a shower wall,
forget about it.