Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lifetime free label removal on home jars works 99% of times

Found great lifetime way works 99% to 100% of times that is almost free.

|1| Soak jar in water (usually a day works ok, rarely longer, often shorter)
|2| Scrape label off with butter knife or fork or fingernails or what not
|3| Collect in a basket or drawer or shelf until you have enough for next
|4| When ready, take basket outside and wipe rag with gasoline on sticky stuff
|5| I have never had that not work but maybe it might no work in rare jars
|6| Dip in water and slother dish soap on and wash with hose
|7| Air dry outside or inside until smell gone (1 hour or what ever)

Jar is perfect clean and safe to use after air dry of solvent smell gone.

Simple summary is to soak label in water until label is easily removed and
then dissolve remaining glue on jar in gas and wash with dish soap to air
dry.

Yes everyone know stupid method of buying expensive lemon smell goop.
Every idiot know of goo gone pay through nose for great smell lousy work.

This different it is and is so not expensive that is almost free
(and is free to me because I use old gasoline from winter storage clean of
equipment)

QED
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Frank S, Iggy wrote:
Yep, I fully agree and have done it many times. Your repeated results are
confirmed. You can also use Acetone/Nail Polish Remover to get the glue off or
even a candle's, match's or lighter's flame. Though, I find many people use
the dishwasher to remove the labels. Not on purpose, so they say, but I clean
labels out of dishwasher filters quite often.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...s-1139792-.htm