Seeker

Default Cleaning Cedar Deck

I got some _terrific_ advice/help here two years ago when I decided
to tackle the job of cleaning my cedar deck rather that have it
"professionally" done. I used several companies and whatever they put
on it, it barely lasted a year.

First time I cleaned the deck, I used a chemical compound which I
sprayed on then scrubbed into the deck. This time, I would like to use
a pressure washer.

I know the cedar deck is soft and requires a gentler setting on the
pressure washer. I was wondering if these electric pressure washers
that claim to be able to deliver 1600 PSI and go for about $150 are a
good buy or not.

Any suggestions or suggested brands or models to use would be most
appreciated.

Many thanks,
bob
Bob

"Seeker" wrote in message
[...]

I've got one and it does the job OK. Not as fast as the big ones
though. Even the electric ones will dig the wood if you overdo
it.

Bob

Chuck Yerkes

I know the cedar deck is soft and requires a gentler setting

Even the electric ones will dig the wood if you overdo it.

Keep it moving at all times and don't be TOO close to the wood.
m Ransley

Karcher is good , been in business a long time, ive seen them run 10 yrs
used weekly. Generac cheapo , 2 blew on me in 4 hrs. and on both the
windings were burning from minute 1 . They are made in china or
wherever, no quality control. Lotta new crap out there , go with an
established co.