Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mattress moves; are Spirits involved?

We return now to Micky's rented room:

The landlady bought one of those sofas that converts to a bed. Not one
with a metal frame that folds in, a simpler kind where the back folds
down. I'm not sure if she bought it just so she could rent the room as
a bedroom or not, but I slep on it for 3 weeks and sometimes a wood
board near the surface made it uncomfortable, at least until I fell
asleep. . One time I actually had a sore spot 4" in diameter that
lasted all day.

So I said I needed a new bed. It's a shame because she paid $1500 for
this!

She had an unused single bed in the next room, which despite her
protestations I'm sure I could have easily moved into this one, but
there was going to be a space problem while moving the other one out
and the second one in at the same time. It dawned on me to take the
mattress only and put it on the original bed, which is double-bed
wide.

So now the bed is comfortable, but the added mattress keeps moving to
the left, so that it overhangs the bed, at the side. Every time I go
to get in it, it's at least 3" hanging over, even though I do nothing
to make this happen, not getting in it, out of it, or when I'm on it.
If I don't put the mattress back in place, the next time the overhang
is more. If I forget it has this and rolll to the edge of the bed, I
can feel the mattress bending, since there is nothing underneath it,
and about to dump me on the ceramic tile floor.

That's not likely to happen but I'm sure curious why the mattress is
moving. Anyone experience this?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 1:22:34 AM UTC-4, Micky wrote:
[...]

The mattress moves because it is trying to get away from you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Micky" wrote in message
[...]

A number of years ago, before changing to a water bed, our entire bed would
move about 18" per month and always in the same direction. The moving force
was me changing position...kind of jumping up slightly and kicking so that I
remained in the same spot but on my side instead of my back (or vice versa).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 17 May 2017 08:22:31 +0300

From: Micky
Subject: Mattress moves; are Spirits involved?

Just the spirits you drink.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 1:22:34 AM UTC-4, Micky wrote:
We return now to Micky's rented room:

The landlady bought one of those sofas that converts to a bed. Not one
with a metal frame that folds in, a simpler kind where the back folds
down. I'm not sure if she bought it just so she could rent the room as
a bedroom or not, but I slep on it for 3 weeks and sometimes a wood
board near the surface made it uncomfortable, at least until I fell
asleep. . One time I actually had a sore spot 4" in diameter that
lasted all day.

So I said I needed a new bed. It's a shame because she paid $1500 for
this!

I have never met a convertible couch that I liked, be it a pull out or one of those "click back"
fold down styles. They are similar to a tool that tries to be good at everything. They end up
being good at nothing.

[...]

It sounds like the typical "creeping throw rug" issue. DAGS

It's all about the pile, most likely of the fabric on the couch. A simple sheet between the 2
might solve the problem.