Posted to alt.home.repair

Default White plastic capped pipe (4.5 inches) in my basement. What is itfor ?

On 5/4/2017 1:17 PM, Thomas wrote:
On Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 12:43:24 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:

Why would you pit water down a capped pipe when not knowing the
purpose of the pipe? You must live in Wilkes Barre, PA.

Pretty close to WB.
I would hope to see something. It's water, not poison.

How many reasons are there to put in a pipe while building a house?
If it fills up it is not a drain. Chances are if it does not fill up or show up anywhere nearby outside is might just be a drain.
How about the idea of snaking it if you do not like water?

Maybe is it in case they want to pull wires from the 1200 volt
transformer on the other end? Still ok with the water?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 1:17:16 PM UTC-4, Thomas wrote:
On Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 12:43:24 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:

Why would you pit water down a capped pipe when not knowing the
purpose of the pipe? You must live in Wilkes Barre, PA.

Pretty close to WB.
I would hope to see something. It's water, not poison.

How many reasons are there to put in a pipe while building a house?
If it fills up it is not a drain. Chances are if it does not fill up or show up anywhere nearby outside is might just be a drain.
How about the idea of snaking it if you do not like water?

What would snaking it prove? It might prove that it is open, but the
question still remains: Open to where?

Just because it's "open" or "clear" or it drains water doesn't mean it was
designed to be a waste pipe for a sink or washing machine.

Give up. Your suggestions suck. Stop leading the OP down the wrong path.
Posted to alt.home.repair

The OP did not say if the pipe went into the wall or the floor, whether the cap seemed to be designed to be removed or was it cemented onto the pipe, etc. If he/she wants an intelligent answer, a photo or two would be VERY helpful.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/04/2017 01:17 PM, Thomas wrote:
How many reasons are there to put in a pipe while building a house?

I have an 8" long section of 4" diameter PVC pipe that penetrates the
basement's block wall. It has a threaded cap on both ends.

Unscrew the caps and I have a great way get temporary water, compressed
air, shopvac hose or generator power thru the wall.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski Fri,
05 May 2017 01:49:22 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On 5/4/2017 1:17 PM, Thomas wrote:
On Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 12:43:24 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:

Why would you pit water down a capped pipe when not knowing the
purpose of the pipe? You must live in Wilkes Barre, PA.

Pretty close to WB.
I would hope to see something. It's water, not poison.

How many reasons are there to put in a pipe while building a
house? If it fills up it is not a drain. Chances are if it does
not fill up or show up anywhere nearby outside is might just be a
drain. How about the idea of snaking it if you do not like water?

Maybe is it in case they want to pull wires from the 1200 volt
transformer on the other end? Still ok with the water?

heh. If that's the case, I hope it's not enriched with minerals. Or
salt.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 4 May 2017 18:19:34 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 6:21:08 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 4 May 2017 14:17:05 -0700 (PDT), Thomas
wrote:

The pipe is a terrorist plot. Ymmv
Hanover township btw.

I have yet to see O's good suggestion other than name calling. Again, ymmv.

You admitted to being a moron. Signed one post as Jackass. Now you
can't see what I suggested. On the other hand, you would just flood
the pipe with water. If you think I called you names, just wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxGgnI6kCrs

Bottom line is you can't identify the capped pipe, never saw a photo;
but only suggested to fill it with water.

What A Maroon!

You (and Bugs) are being too kind.

“He’s so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent” Foghorn Leghorn

https://vimeo.com/34729517 Video:

Web Page:

http://foghornleghornquotes.com/
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The pipe is a terrorist plot. Ymmv
Hanover township btw.

I have yet to see O's good suggestion other than name calling. Again, ymmv.

You admitted to being a moron. Signed one post as Jackass. Now you
can't see what I suggested. On the other hand, you would just flood
the pipe with water. If you think I called you names, just wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxGgnI6kCrs

Bottom line is you can't identify the capped pipe, never saw a photo;
but only suggested to fill it with water.

What A Maroon!

You (and Bugs) are being too kind.

€śHes so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent€ť Foghorn Leghorn

https://vimeo.com/34729517 Video:

Web Page:

http://foghornleghornquotes.com/

Foghorn Leghorn has been a favorite of mine since I was a little kid.

I used to have meet regularly with a vendor who looked like a human
version of Foghorn J. Leghorn. It was really hard to keep a straight
face sometimes. Whenever we'd disagree, I had to stop myself from saying:

"Youre way off, I say youre way off this time son!"
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The pipe is a terrorist plot. Ymmv
Hanover township btw.

I have yet to see O's good suggestion other than name calling. Again, ymmv.

You admitted to being a moron. Signed one post as Jackass. Now you
can't see what I suggested. On the other hand, you would just flood
the pipe with water. If you think I called you names, just wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxGgnI6kCrs

Bottom line is you can't identify the capped pipe, never saw a photo;
but only suggested to fill it with water.

What A Maroon!

You (and Bugs) are being too kind.

€śHes so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent€ť Foghorn Leghorn

https://vimeo.com/34729517 Video:

Web Page:

http://foghornleghornquotes.com/

You remind me of a correction officer who needs the last say after a big dick in the mouth was not enough. Stop.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The pipe is a terrorist plot. Ymmv
Hanover township btw.

I have yet to see O's good suggestion other than name calling. Again, ymmv.

You admitted to being a moron. Signed one post as Jackass. Now you
can't see what I suggested. On the other hand, you would just flood
the pipe with water. If you think I called you names, just wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxGgnI6kCrs

Bottom line is you can't identify the capped pipe, never saw a photo;
but only suggested to fill it with water.

What A Maroon!

You (and Bugs) are being too kind.

€śHes so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent€ť Foghorn Leghorn

https://vimeo.com/34729517 Video:

Web Page:

http://foghornleghornquotes.com/

You remind me of a correction officer who needs the last say after a big dick in the mouth was not enough. Stop.

Are you still here? I was hoping you had left. Damn.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Just learned how to post. Sorry.