Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default White plastic capped pipe (4.5 inches) in my basement. What is itfor ?

On 5/4/2017 1:17 PM, Thomas wrote:
On Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 12:43:24 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:

Why would you pit water down a capped pipe when not knowing the
purpose of the pipe? You must live in Wilkes Barre, PA.

Pretty close to WB.
I would hope to see something. It's water, not poison.

How many reasons are there to put in a pipe while building a house?
If it fills up it is not a drain. Chances are if it does not fill up or show up anywhere nearby outside is might just be a drain.
How about the idea of snaking it if you do not like water?

Maybe is it in case they want to pull wires from the 1200 volt
transformer on the other end? Still ok with the water?