Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Miele Washing Machine: Anyone Have One ? Getting To English On TheScreen ?

Hi,

Just got a new Miele washing machine.
Front loader, the smaller size one.

Imagine this is the same for any of their new ones:

Everything on the screen is in Spanish.
Can't get it to display in English.
Have tried most everything.

Anyone know how to ?

Much thanks,
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/27/2017 04:52 PM, Bob wrote:
Hi,

Just got a new Miele washing machine.
Front loader, the smaller size one.

Imagine this is the same for any of their new ones:

Everything on the screen is in Spanish.
Can't get it to display in English.
Have tried most everything.

Anyone know how to ?

Much thanks,
Bob

According to their instructions one just goes to "settings" and under
"language" use the up/down arrow.

The word for settings is: ajustes

The word for language is: idioma

That said, I don't understand why anyone would make such a purchase.
My analog washing machine is 29 years old and has had zero problems
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 17:52:37 -0400, Bob wrote:

Hi,

Just got a new Miele washing machine.
Front loader, the smaller size one.

Imagine this is the same for any of their new ones:

Everything on the screen is in Spanish.
Can't get it to display in English.
Have tried most everything.

Anyone know how to ?

Much thanks,
Bob

WHAT IS A WASHING MACHINE?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hi,
Just got a new Miele washing machine.
Front loader, the smaller size one.
Imagine this is the same for any of their new ones:
Everything on the screen is in Spanish.
Can't get it to display in English.
Have tried most everything.
Anyone know how to ?
Much thanks,
Bob

According to their instructions one just goes to "settings" and under
"language" use the up/down arrow.
The word for settings is: ajustes
The word for language is: idioma
That said, I don't understand why anyone would make such a purchase.
My analog washing machine is 29 years old and has had zero problems

I'm not quite sure what analog means in reference to a washer ?
But when I was shopping last year, to replace my 15 year old
washer with mechanical timer all new front load washers
were computerized.
The one exception was a Huebsch at $ 3000.
... and it wasn't even a commercial model !
I really think that the manufacturers are missing a big
market segment here - give me a front load, mechanical
control washing machine - maybe 3 or 4 cycles ; no bells
no whistles - I'll pay more for less ! I don't think I'm alone.
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob wrote:

Hi,

Just got a new Miele washing machine.
Front loader, the smaller size one.

Imagine this is the same for any of their new ones:

Everything on the screen is in Spanish.
Can't get it to display in English.
Have tried most everything.

Anyone know how to ?

Much thanks,
Bob

lesson: check out things before purchase or
be happy with what you get..

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm not quite sure what analog means in reference to a washer ?
But when I was shopping last year, to replace my 15 year old
washer with mechanical timer all new front load washers
were computerized.
The one exception was a Huebsch at $ 3000.
.. and it wasn't even a commercial model !
I really think that the manufacturers are missing a big
market segment here - give me a front load, mechanical
control washing machine - maybe 3 or 4 cycles ; no bells
no whistles - I'll pay more for less ! I don't think I'm alone.
John T.

You may be a Luddite but you're not alone:

https://speedqueen.com/products/fron...build-your-own

If you click on the " mechanical controls " link -
it displays 2 models with electronic controls ?
... perhaps I'm missing your point ..
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Speed Queen tracks your location.

in the 60's "speed queen' had a whole nother meaning