Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lying, liars, and the truth of it all

On Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 6:40:55 AM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 1:14:52 AM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On Mon, 13 Mar 2017 21:37:37 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:
It's because we've accepted that lying is valid tool
in communicating, and at the same time we have
drawn nebulous lines in the sand as to how we'll
judge other people who lie, even though we're all
guilty of it ourselves
Murder and speeding aren't even comparable.

Merrily we troll along, troll along, troll along.
Man, if you ain't trolling, you're just dumb.

What would I be trolling for? I'm not forcing anyone to read what I
post, or even respond. I have valid questions... no biggy.

( del )

- The President lying: Policies are formulated,

You do realize elected officials come from the same cloth we all come
from, right?

If casual lying is an accepted practice that everyone has done
without horrific consequences, and it's seen and used as a valid tool
in relationships and human interaction for various reasons that
people deem as both valid and necessary to avoid conflict and other
negative outcomes .. why would anyone's individual job or status be
grounds for expectations that lying wouldn't be normal?

IOW, why are you shocked if someone lies? People lie about all sorts
of things... both small and big on the importance scale. WHY they lie
is the more important and meaningful question, imo.

--
Maggie

Where did I say I was "shocked"? All I have ever addressed was your question
as to why some lies are acceptable and some are not. It's all about the consequences,
but you never seem to want to address that point. All you keep doing is asking the
same question over and over again. Why is OK? Why is it OK? Why is it OK?

In fact you even snipped my answer just so you ask your question again.

Thus the reason for the troll comments, which I stand by.

+1 x 1000

Either a troll or like you say, incredibly stupid, take your pick.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

If you disagree you call someone a troll. When you can't process the
discussion you do the same thing. Because this topic is not in lock
step with your own personal agenda you're only choice is to attack the
person you see as your opposition.

Or, maybe the topic of "lying" is something you don't want think about
because it hits too close to home, so now you're only option is to try
to dismiss it altogether? shrugs

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles wrote in newsa92js$nv7$2@iw2shty99-
unni1m0vs447.eternal-september.org:

If you disagree you call someone a troll. When you can't process the
discussion you do the same thing. Because this topic is not in lock
step with your own personal agenda you're only choice is to attack the
person you see as your opposition.

Or, maybe the topic of "lying" is something you don't want think about
because it hits too close to home, so now you're only option is to try
to dismiss it altogether? shrugs

Well said.

And I love Trump.