Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lying, liars, and the truth of it all

On Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 12:00:07 AM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 3/13/2017 5:54 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Sunday, March 12, 2017 at 5:58:12 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 3/12/2017 4:28 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Sunday, March 12, 2017 at 2:13:40 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 3/12/2017 12:24 PM, philo wrote:

Trumps lies have no bearing on any previous liar president.

I've been trying to think of one person I've ever known who never told a
lie, and can't think of anyone. So, I'm going to conclude that we've
all told lies, and if a person who tells lies is a liar, does that mean
we're all "liars"?

Yes, we're all liars. Trump is a singularly bad liar, and has the
poor judgment to lie in public and on the record.

So, why are other liars allowed a free pass?

Let's assume you're talking about public figures and not "of course
those pants don't make you look fat".

No, that's not what I'm talking about.

Either lying is bad regardless of who is doing the lying, or it isn't
necessarily bad depending upon the circumstances.

Why do people get upset that a public figure lies, but they don't hold
themselves or their friends to that same standard?

Because as the poster just told you there is a huge difference between
someone telling you that those pants don't make you look fat
or they liked the terrible dish you just made and the
president of the united states lying about the murder rate, lying about
seeing thousands and thousands of Arabs celebrating in Jersey City on
9/11. One is pretty much harmless and is done to avoid hurting someone's
feelings. The Trump lies are what public policy gets based on, feeds
into bad, bigoted stereotypes, is destructive, divisive and harmful.

It's obvious people
want to pile onto public figures if/when they're caught in a lie, but,
those same people would think it cruel and a personal attack if the same
happened to themselves.

Hell no woman. If I told a whopping lie about the murder rate or
thousands and thousands of Arabs celebrating on 9/11, I'd deserve
and expect being called out as a liar.

Individually, people obviously consider telling a lie to be a necessary
and normal part of interacting with other people, so why is lying not
considered to be a tool in relationships people use? For example, it's
used to prevent conflict or hurting someones feelings.

Again, you're obviously trolling. Trump's many lies have never been
about "protecting" anyone. They have been to vilify, or to further
Trump's politics, without regard to the effect they have had on others.

You really are the village idiot troll.
Even the Trumpets should be embarrassed. But thanks for showing
the mind of a Trumpet for all to see!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/14/2017 10:20 AM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

A lie is a lie. It's either wrong to lie, or a lie is a tool that isn't
good or bad in and of itself, which makes a lie only bad when we put
nebulous conditions on it.

Your conditions that define a lie as being bad may be different from the
conditions another person defines as being bad.

So, WHY do you expect different standards from different people when it
comes to lying? Is it because you don't like "fill in the blank", so if
THEY lie it's a horrendous error in judgement?

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 11:30:47 AM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
[...]

And a village idiot troll is still a village idiot troll.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/14/2017 10:43 AM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

The whole world is full of village idiots who don't agree with trader_4.

--
Maggie