Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_18_] Muggles[_18_] is offline

Default Lying, liars, and the truth of it all

On 3/14/2017 10:43 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 11:30:47 AM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 3/14/2017 10:20 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 12:00:07 AM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 3/13/2017 5:54 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Sunday, March 12, 2017 at 5:58:12 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 3/12/2017 4:28 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Sunday, March 12, 2017 at 2:13:40 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 3/12/2017 12:24 PM, philo wrote:

Trumps lies have no bearing on any previous liar president.

I've been trying to think of one person I've ever known who never told a
lie, and can't think of anyone. So, I'm going to conclude that we've
all told lies, and if a person who tells lies is a liar, does that mean
we're all "liars"?

Yes, we're all liars. Trump is a singularly bad liar, and has the
poor judgment to lie in public and on the record.

So, why are other liars allowed a free pass?

Let's assume you're talking about public figures and not "of course
those pants don't make you look fat".

No, that's not what I'm talking about.

Either lying is bad regardless of who is doing the lying, or it isn't
necessarily bad depending upon the circumstances.

Why do people get upset that a public figure lies, but they don't hold
themselves or their friends to that same standard?

Because as the poster just told you there is a huge difference between
someone telling you that those pants don't make you look fat
or they liked the terrible dish you just made and the
president of the united states lying about the murder rate, lying about
seeing thousands and thousands of Arabs celebrating in Jersey City on
9/11.

A lie is a lie.

And a village idiot troll is still a village idiot troll.

The whole world is full of village idiots who don't agree with trader_4.

--
Maggie