Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sink stopper stuck

Hi,
My sink stopper is stuck in the closed position, hence water is unable to
drain. I tried looking under the sink for the pivot rod but couldn't find
anything. I'm able to push it down just a bit, but it pops right back up to
the stuck/flush position. I'm unable to insert anything between the stopper
and the sink to try to pry it up as it's pretty flush. I also tried pressing
down and turning anti-clockwise, but I'm unable to get any grip and it doesn't
rotate. How do I fix this?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...k-1126230-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

galapogos m writes:

Hi,
My sink stopper is stuck in the closed position, hence water is unable to
drain. I tried looking under the sink for the pivot rod but couldn't find
anything. I'm able to push it down just a bit, but it pops right back up to
the stuck/flush position. I'm unable to insert anything between the stopper
and the sink to try to pry it up as it's pretty flush. I also tried pressing
down and turning anti-clockwise, but I'm unable to get any grip and it doesn't
rotate. How do I fix this?

Need pictures of drain or a better description.
Other than that, grab with pliers.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 06 Mar 2017 10:16:20 -0500, Dan Espen
wrote:

galapogos m writes:

Hi,
My sink stopper is stuck in the closed position, hence water is unable to
drain. I tried looking under the sink for the pivot rod but couldn't find
anything. I'm able to push it down just a bit, but it pops right back up to
the stuck/flush position. I'm unable to insert anything between the stopper
and the sink to try to pry it up as it's pretty flush. I also tried pressing
down and turning anti-clockwise, but I'm unable to get any grip and it doesn't
rotate. How do I fix this?

Need pictures of drain or a better description.
Other than that, grab with pliers.

Another Homeowners Hub post from way back I assume.

But this is an easy fix. Empty the sink with a container and rag. Remove
the drain pipe trap. Jam something up from below, like a long
screwdriver or some socket wrench extensions.

However, whoever posted this cant know what to look for. There MUST be a
rod of some sort under the sink to raise and lower it. Unless he has one
of them rubber stoppers with a metal loop on top, and the loop broke
off.

Same fix though!

Stopper stuck on chuck Scott Zrubek Woodturning 8 September 29th 09 11:11 PM
sink stopper Patty Home Repair 3 December 12th 06 12:36 AM
Sink Pop-up stopper stuck [email protected] Home Repair 6 May 23rd 06 09:14 PM
Leaky Sink Pop-up Stopper Adam Lane Home Repair 7 April 28th 06 08:59 PM
Removing a sink stopper to clean sink trap Brian O Home Repair 2 March 3rd 05 11:08 PM