Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - American politics

55 minutes into his address to congress, and for the first time he is,
in my opinion, coming across as not only sane but presidential.
Not sure what he's on, but make sure he has an uninterupted supply!!!!
He has stayed on topic without any "raving" and divisiveness.
Mabee I've misjudged the man -
Let's hope so.
We'll see.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 11:58:46 PM UTC-6, rbowman wrote:
On 02/28/2017 08:44 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 21:34:17 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 2/28/2017 8:59 PM,
wrote:
55 minutes into his address to congress, and for the first time he is,
in my opinion, coming across as not only sane but presidential.
Not sure what he's on, but make sure he has an uninterupted supply!!!!
He has stayed on topic without any "raving" and divisiveness.
Mabee I've misjudged the man -
Let's hope so.
We'll see.

There is not one thing different about Trump. That's who he is and he
was that same man on the campaign trial.

Not at ALL the same man as on the campaign trail. Not even close.

Horses for courses... He tied the Republican establishment in knots,
took the primary, and beat the Wonk Queen at her own game. Now he will
govern.

Most presidents have a honeymoon period to get their act together; he
has had nothing but animosity from the pundits, press, and two bit
'celebrities' since day one.

Our system of government was established so that those elected would serve the people not govern or rule. Trump believes good management, putting the right people into jobs and delegating authority is the key to success. The Commiecrats are howling about billionaires being put into cabinet positions not because they will serve special interests but because like President Trump, they can't be bought. I'm so entertained by howling Commiecrats. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Amused Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/01/2017 04:10 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

snip
Trump believes good management, putting the right people into jobs and
delegating authority is the key to success. The Commiecrats are howling
about billionaires being put into cabinet positions not because they
will serve special interests but because like President Trump, they
can't be bought. I'm so entertained by howling Commiecrats. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Amused Monster

Rich people of course can be bought, it just takes more money.

That is not the real problem.

It's illegal and immoral I suppose, the rich are simply looking out for
their best interests and those of their buddies,
if any of us small people are helped on the way, it's incidental.

Still too early to tell what's going to happen, I'm not making any bets.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/01/2017 03:10 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Our system of government was established so that those elected would serve the people not govern or rule.

That's logical contradiction; governments govern.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 9:08:52 AM UTC-6, rbowman wrote:
On 03/01/2017 03:10 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Our system of government was established so that those elected would serve the people not govern or rule.

That's logical contradiction; governments govern.

"Public servant." A term many elected officials seem to have forgotton. I believe President Trump has reminded Congress of what it means. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Citizen Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/28/2017 08:44 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 21:34:17 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 2/28/2017 8:59 PM,
wrote:
[...]

Good management is tough to find.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/1/2017 6:29 AM, philo wrote:
On 03/01/2017 04:10 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

snip
Trump believes good management, putting the right people into jobs and
delegating authority is the key to success. The Commiecrats are howling
about billionaires being put into cabinet positions not because they
will serve special interests but because like President Trump, they
can't be bought. I'm so entertained by howling Commiecrats. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Amused Monster

Rich people of course can be bought, it just takes more money.

That is not the real problem.

It's illegal and immoral I suppose, the rich are simply looking out for
their best interests and those of their buddies,
if any of us small people are helped on the way, it's incidental.

Still too early to tell what's going to happen, I'm not making any bets.

The rich can put a lot of people to work!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/1/2017 9:17 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 9:08:52 AM UTC-6, rbowman wrote:
On 03/01/2017 03:10 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Our system of government was established so that those elected would serve the people not govern or rule.

That's logical contradiction; governments govern.

"Public servant." A term many elected officials seem to have forgotton. I believe President Trump has reminded Congress of what it means. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Citizen Monster

Yeah. I think you're right.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 1 Mar 2017 07:17:21 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 9:08:52 AM UTC-6, rbowman wrote:
On 03/01/2017 03:10 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Our system of government was established so that those elected would serve the people not govern or rule.

That's logical contradiction; governments govern.

"Public servant." A term many elected officials seem to have forgotton. I believe President Trump has reminded Congress of what it means. ?(?)?

[8~{} Uncle Citizen Monster

...." elected representative" and they get selective amnesia and the
big head when they get in office.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/28/2017 08:44 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 21:34:17 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 2/28/2017 8:59 PM,
wrote:
[...]

And "the Donald" is slowly figuring that out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 1 Mar 2017 10:24:28 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 3/1/2017 6:29 AM, philo wrote:
On 03/01/2017 04:10 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

snip
Trump believes good management, putting the right people into jobs and
delegating authority is the key to success. The Commiecrats are howling
about billionaires being put into cabinet positions not because they
will serve special interests but because like President Trump, they
can't be bought. I'm so entertained by howling Commiecrats. ?(?)?

[8~{} Uncle Amused Monster

Rich people of course can be bought, it just takes more money.

That is not the real problem.

It's illegal and immoral I suppose, the rich are simply looking out for
their best interests and those of their buddies,
if any of us small people are helped on the way, it's incidental.

Still too early to tell what's going to happen, I'm not making any bets.

The rich can put a lot of people to work!

And like in the early days of the south, they can work them to death
for peanuts.
Slavery
Sharecroppers
Nobody was without a job
They all worked "for the rich"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 1:38:57 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 3/1/2017 12:16 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 1 Mar 2017 10:21:00 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 2/28/2017 11:59 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 02/28/2017 08:44 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 21:34:17 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 2/28/2017 8:59 PM,
wrote:
[...]

Why does anyone give credence to celebrities political viewpoints?

...insanity and idolatry.

I don't care what some famous person has to say. They're not any more
important than the rest of us.

You're right. Donald Trump is a perfect example.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 12:30:20 PM UTC-5, philo wrote:

After his speech last night it seems he is using his brains to fit in a
little better with the mainstream and unstoppable American political
system. He may be learning that he is little more than an ant in the
powerful juggernaut.

I would not put much faith in one speech. Trump has done it before.
After he gave his speech at the convention, most people said it was
the best so far, that he had turned a corner and would now act
differently. The very next morning, after the convention, Trump called
a news conference and instead of basking in the glow of receiving the
nomination and his good speech, he used the news conference to attack
Ted Cruz, including bringing up the Kennedy assassination BS again.
Stay tuned, I have confidence in Trump, he has yet to disappoint.