DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT - American politics (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/586838-ot-american-politics.html)

[email protected] March 1st 17 02:59 AM

OT - American politics

55 minutes into his address to congress, and for the first time he is,
in my opinion, coming across as not only sane but presidential.
Not sure what he's on, but make sure he has an uninterupted supply!!!!
He has stayed on topic without any "raving" and divisiveness.
Mabee I've misjudged the man -
Let's hope so.
We'll see.

Muggles[_18_] March 1st 17 03:34 AM

OT - American politics

On 2/28/2017 8:59 PM, wrote:
55 minutes into his address to congress, and for the first time he is,
in my opinion, coming across as not only sane but presidential.
Not sure what he's on, but make sure he has an uninterupted supply!!!!
He has stayed on topic without any "raving" and divisiveness.
Mabee I've misjudged the man -
Let's hope so.
We'll see.

There is not one thing different about Trump. That's who he is and he
was that same man on the campaign trial.

--
Maggie

Muggles[_18_] March 1st 17 03:35 AM

OT - American politics

On 2/28/2017 9:24 PM, philo wrote:
On 2/28/2017 8:59 PM, wrote:
55 minutes into his address to congress, and for the first time he is,
in my opinion, coming across as not only sane but presidential.
Not sure what he's on, but make sure he has an uninterupted supply!!!!
He has stayed on topic without any "raving" and divisiveness.
Mabee I've misjudged the man -
Let's hope so.
We'll see.

I don't think he's changed any but yes...not a bad speech.

The next few weeks will show us what he's learned .

He masterfully got as many people possible to blurt out what they really
feel.

The truth really does set people free.

--
Maggie

[email protected] March 1st 17 03:44 AM

OT - American politics

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 21:34:17 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 2/28/2017 8:59 PM, wrote:
55 minutes into his address to congress, and for the first time he is,
in my opinion, coming across as not only sane but presidential.
Not sure what he's on, but make sure he has an uninterupted supply!!!!
He has stayed on topic without any "raving" and divisiveness.
Mabee I've misjudged the man -
Let's hope so.
We'll see.

There is not one thing different about Trump. That's who he is and he
was that same man on the campaign trial.

Not at ALL the same man as on the campaign trail. Not even close.

philo March 1st 17 03:55 AM

OT - American politics

On 2/28/2017 9:44 PM, wrote:

trolling filter activated
On 2/28/2017 8:59 PM,
wrote:
55 minutes into his address to congress, and for the first time he is,
in my opinion, coming across as not only sane but presidential.
Not sure what he's on, but make sure he has an uninterupted supply!!!!
He has stayed on topic without any "raving" and divisiveness.
Mabee I've misjudged the man -
Let's hope so.
We'll see.

Not at ALL the same man as on the campaign trail. Not even close.

You are 100% right, it's possible he's learning the job.

If so, good for him.

Muggles[_18_] March 1st 17 04:48 AM

OT - American politics

On 2/28/2017 9:44 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 21:34:17 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 2/28/2017 8:59 PM,
wrote:
55 minutes into his address to congress, and for the first time he is,
in my opinion, coming across as not only sane but presidential.
Not sure what he's on, but make sure he has an uninterupted supply!!!!
He has stayed on topic without any "raving" and divisiveness.
Mabee I've misjudged the man -
Let's hope so.
We'll see.

There is not one thing different about Trump. That's who he is and he
was that same man on the campaign trial.

Not at ALL the same man as on the campaign trail. Not even close.

Why not? A man has many sides to him, don't you think?

--
Maggie

rbowman March 1st 17 05:59 AM

OT - American politics

On 02/28/2017 08:44 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 21:34:17 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 2/28/2017 8:59 PM,
wrote:
55 minutes into his address to congress, and for the first time he is,
in my opinion, coming across as not only sane but presidential.
Not sure what he's on, but make sure he has an uninterupted supply!!!!
He has stayed on topic without any "raving" and divisiveness.
Mabee I've misjudged the man -
Let's hope so.
We'll see.

There is not one thing different about Trump. That's who he is and he
was that same man on the campaign trial.

Not at ALL the same man as on the campaign trail. Not even close.

Horses for courses... He tied the Republican establishment in knots,
took the primary, and beat the Wonk Queen at her own game. Now he will
govern.

Most presidents have a honeymoon period to get their act together; he
has had nothing but animosity from the pundits, press, and two bit
'celebrities' since day one.

Uncle Monster[_2_] March 1st 17 10:10 AM

OT - American politics

On Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 11:58:46 PM UTC-6, rbowman wrote:
On 02/28/2017 08:44 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 21:34:17 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 2/28/2017 8:59 PM,
wrote:
[...]

Our system of government was established so that those elected would serve the people not govern or rule. Trump believes good management, putting the right people into jobs and delegating authority is the key to success. The Commiecrats are howling about billionaires being put into cabinet positions not because they will serve special interests but because like President Trump, they can't be bought. I'm so entertained by howling Commiecrats. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Amused Monster

burfordTjustice March 1st 17 11:07 AM

OT - American politics

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 21:59:12 -0500
wrote:

55 minutes into his address to congress, and for the first time he is,
in my opinion, coming across as not only sane but presidential.
Not sure what he's on, but make sure he has an uninterupted supply!!!!
He has stayed on topic without any "raving" and divisiveness.
Mabee I've misjudged the man -
Let's hope so.
We'll see.

It does not matter what you think...go love
you some Trudeau

David B.[_4_] March 1st 17 11:47 AM

OT - American politics

On 01/03/2017 03:24, philo wrote:
On 2/28/2017 8:59 PM, wrote:
55 minutes into his address to congress, and for the first time he is,
in my opinion, coming across as not only sane but presidential.
Not sure what he's on, but make sure he has an uninterupted supply!!!!
He has stayed on topic without any "raving" and divisiveness.
Mabee I've misjudged the man -
Let's hope so.
We'll see.

I don't think he's changed any but yes...not a bad speech.

The next few weeks will show us what he's learned .

Have you a link to let me listen to his speech, Philo?

--
"Do something wonderful, people may imitate it." (Albert Schweitzer)

Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_16_] March 1st 17 11:51 AM

OT - American politics

On 2/28/2017 6:59 PM, wrote:
55 minutes into his address to congress, and for the first time he is,
in my opinion, coming across as not only sane but presidential.
Not sure what he's on, but make sure he has an uninterupted supply!!!!
He has stayed on topic without any "raving" and divisiveness.
Mabee I've misjudged the man -
Let's hope so.
We'll see.

Thanks again, but nobuddy cares wot a Canuk has to say about him.

burfordTjustice March 1st 17 12:14 PM

OT - American politics

bing.com..you ****ing ******.

philo March 1st 17 12:29 PM

OT - American politics

On 03/01/2017 04:10 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

snip
Trump believes good management, putting the right people into jobs and
delegating authority is the key to success. The Commiecrats are howling
about billionaires being put into cabinet positions not because they
will serve special interests but because like President Trump, they
can't be bought. I'm so entertained by howling Commiecrats. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Amused Monster

Rich people of course can be bought, it just takes more money.

That is not the real problem.

It's illegal and immoral I suppose, the rich are simply looking out for
their best interests and those of their buddies,
if any of us small people are helped on the way, it's incidental.

Still too early to tell what's going to happen, I'm not making any bets.

Frank[_24_] March 1st 17 01:13 PM

OT - American politics

On 2/28/2017 9:59 PM, wrote:
55 minutes into his address to congress, and for the first time he is,
in my opinion, coming across as not only sane but presidential.
Not sure what he's on, but make sure he has an uninterupted supply!!!!
He has stayed on topic without any "raving" and divisiveness.
Mabee I've misjudged the man -
Let's hope so.
We'll see.

Many people have an opinion of Trump from clips and sound bites and what
the press has said about him. His campaigning style was like a pet
rally and not full of substance. I've heard prepared speeches of his
and read his proposals and they are quite sensible.

rbowman March 1st 17 03:09 PM

OT - American politics

On 03/01/2017 03:10 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Our system of government was established so that those elected would serve the people not govern or rule.

That's logical contradiction; governments govern.

Uncle Monster[_2_] March 1st 17 03:17 PM

OT - American politics

On Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 9:08:52 AM UTC-6, rbowman wrote:
On 03/01/2017 03:10 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Our system of government was established so that those elected would serve the people not govern or rule.

That's logical contradiction; governments govern.

"Public servant." A term many elected officials seem to have forgotton. I believe President Trump has reminded Congress of what it means. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Citizen Monster

Muggles[_18_] March 1st 17 04:21 PM

OT - American politics

On 2/28/2017 11:59 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 02/28/2017 08:44 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 21:34:17 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 2/28/2017 8:59 PM,
wrote:
[...]

Why does anyone give credence to celebrities political viewpoints?

--
Maggie

Muggles[_18_] March 1st 17 04:22 PM

OT - American politics

On 02/28/2017 08:44 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 21:34:17 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 2/28/2017 8:59 PM,
wrote:
[...]

Good management is tough to find.

--
Maggie

Muggles[_18_] March 1st 17 04:24 PM

OT - American politics

On 3/1/2017 6:29 AM, philo wrote:
On 03/01/2017 04:10 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

snip
Trump believes good management, putting the right people into jobs and
delegating authority is the key to success. The Commiecrats are howling
about billionaires being put into cabinet positions not because they
will serve special interests but because like President Trump, they
can't be bought. I'm so entertained by howling Commiecrats. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Amused Monster

Rich people of course can be bought, it just takes more money.

That is not the real problem.

It's illegal and immoral I suppose, the rich are simply looking out for
their best interests and those of their buddies,
if any of us small people are helped on the way, it's incidental.

Still too early to tell what's going to happen, I'm not making any bets.

The rich can put a lot of people to work!

--
Maggie

Muggles[_18_] March 1st 17 04:29 PM

OT - American politics

On 3/1/2017 7:13 AM, Frank wrote:
On 2/28/2017 9:59 PM, wrote:
55 minutes into his address to congress, and for the first time he is,
in my opinion, coming across as not only sane but presidential.
Not sure what he's on, but make sure he has an uninterupted supply!!!!
He has stayed on topic without any "raving" and divisiveness.
Mabee I've misjudged the man -
Let's hope so.
We'll see.

Many people have an opinion of Trump from clips and sound bites and what
the press has said about him. His campaigning style was like a pet
rally and not full of substance. I've heard prepared speeches of his
and read his proposals and they are quite sensible.

People will only understand what they make the extra effort to understand.

--
Maggie

Muggles[_18_] March 1st 17 04:30 PM

OT - American politics

On 3/1/2017 9:17 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 9:08:52 AM UTC-6, rbowman wrote:
On 03/01/2017 03:10 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Our system of government was established so that those elected would serve the people not govern or rule.

That's logical contradiction; governments govern.

"Public servant." A term many elected officials seem to have forgotton. I believe President Trump has reminded Congress of what it means. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Citizen Monster

Yeah. I think you're right.

--
Maggie

Oren[_2_] March 1st 17 06:13 PM

OT - American politics

On Wed, 1 Mar 2017 07:17:21 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 9:08:52 AM UTC-6, rbowman wrote:
On 03/01/2017 03:10 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Our system of government was established so that those elected would serve the people not govern or rule.

That's logical contradiction; governments govern.

"Public servant." A term many elected officials seem to have forgotton. I believe President Trump has reminded Congress of what it means. ?(?)?

[8~{} Uncle Citizen Monster

...." elected representative" and they get selective amnesia and the
big head when they get in office.

Oren[_2_] March 1st 17 06:16 PM

OT - American politics

On 02/28/2017 08:44 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 21:34:17 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 2/28/2017 8:59 PM,
wrote:
[...]

...insanity and idolatry.

Frank[_24_] March 1st 17 06:16 PM

OT - American politics

On 3/1/2017 11:29 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 3/1/2017 7:13 AM, Frank wrote:
On 2/28/2017 9:59 PM, wrote:
55 minutes into his address to congress, and for the first time he is,
in my opinion, coming across as not only sane but presidential.
Not sure what he's on, but make sure he has an uninterupted supply!!!!
He has stayed on topic without any "raving" and divisiveness.
Mabee I've misjudged the man -
Let's hope so.
We'll see.

Many people have an opinion of Trump from clips and sound bites and what
the press has said about him. His campaigning style was like a pet
rally and not full of substance. I've heard prepared speeches of his
and read his proposals and they are quite sensible.

People will only understand what they make the extra effort to understand.

Many people do not think for themselves and put their trust in others
opinions not considering they may be biased.

Meanie[_6_] March 1st 17 06:20 PM

OT - American politics

On 2/28/2017 9:59 PM, wrote:
55 minutes into his address to congress, and for the first time he is,
in my opinion, coming across as not only sane but presidential.
Not sure what he's on, but make sure he has an uninterupted supply!!!!
He has stayed on topic without any "raving" and divisiveness.
Mabee I've misjudged the man -
Let's hope so.
We'll see.

I'm sure it must be driving Trader insane.

Muggles[_18_] March 1st 17 06:38 PM

OT - American politics

On 02/28/2017 08:44 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 21:34:17 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 2/28/2017 8:59 PM,
wrote:
[...]

I don't care what some famous person has to say. They're not any more
important than the rest of us.

--
Maggie

Muggles[_18_] March 1st 17 06:40 PM

OT - American politics

On 3/1/2017 7:13 AM, Frank wrote:
On 2/28/2017 9:59 PM, wrote:
55 minutes into his address to congress, and for the first time he is,
in my opinion, coming across as not only sane but presidential.
Not sure what he's on, but make sure he has an uninterupted supply!!!!
He has stayed on topic without any "raving" and divisiveness.
Mabee I've misjudged the man -
Let's hope so.
We'll see.

Many people have an opinion of Trump from clips and sound bites and what
the press has said about him. His campaigning style was like a pet
rally and not full of substance. I've heard prepared speeches of his
and read his proposals and they are quite sensible.

People will only understand what they make the extra effort to
understand.

Many people do not think for themselves and put their trust in others
opinions not considering they may be biased.

I think it's the old herd mentality. It's easier to follow than to
stand out on your own. If you do the latter, you risk being seen and
when people see you, that means they can attack you as a group.

pfffffffft! I can't stand bullies like that.
--
Maggie

[email protected] March 1st 17 07:06 PM

OT - American politics

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 22:48:53 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 2/28/2017 9:44 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 21:34:17 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 2/28/2017 8:59 PM,
wrote:
55 minutes into his address to congress, and for the first time he is,
in my opinion, coming across as not only sane but presidential.
Not sure what he's on, but make sure he has an uninterupted supply!!!!
He has stayed on topic without any "raving" and divisiveness.
Mabee I've misjudged the man -
Let's hope so.
We'll see.

There is not one thing different about Trump. That's who he is and he
was that same man on the campaign trial.

Not at ALL the same man as on the campaign trail. Not even close.

Why not? A man has many sides to him, don't you think?

But as two sided as Trump has been indicates schizophrenic tendencies

notbob March 1st 17 07:14 PM

OT - American politics

On 2017-03-01, wrote:

But as two sided as Trump has been indicates schizophrenic tendencies

Ahhhh geez! ....now clare is an expert on psychology!

Is there anything (s)he does not know absolutely everything --in the
entire world!-- about? ;)

nb

[email protected] March 1st 17 07:15 PM

OT - American politics

On 02/28/2017 08:44 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 21:34:17 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 2/28/2017 8:59 PM,
wrote:
[...]

Who was trump, other than a celebrity??

[email protected] March 1st 17 07:16 PM

OT - American politics

On 02/28/2017 08:44 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 21:34:17 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 2/28/2017 8:59 PM,
wrote:
[...]

And "the Donald" is slowly figuring that out.

[email protected] March 1st 17 07:18 PM

OT - American politics

On Wed, 1 Mar 2017 10:24:28 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 3/1/2017 6:29 AM, philo wrote:
On 03/01/2017 04:10 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

snip
Trump believes good management, putting the right people into jobs and
delegating authority is the key to success. The Commiecrats are howling
about billionaires being put into cabinet positions not because they
will serve special interests but because like President Trump, they
can't be bought. I'm so entertained by howling Commiecrats. ?(?)?

[8~{} Uncle Amused Monster

Rich people of course can be bought, it just takes more money.

That is not the real problem.

It's illegal and immoral I suppose, the rich are simply looking out for
their best interests and those of their buddies,
if any of us small people are helped on the way, it's incidental.

Still too early to tell what's going to happen, I'm not making any bets.

The rich can put a lot of people to work!

And like in the early days of the south, they can work them to death
for peanuts.
Slavery
Sharecroppers
Nobody was without a job
They all worked "for the rich"

Oren[_2_] March 1st 17 07:23 PM

OT - American politics

On Wed, 01 Mar 2017 14:06:09 -0500, wrote:

Not at ALL the same man as on the campaign trail. Not even close.

Why not? A man has many sides to him, don't you think?

But as two sided as Trump has been indicates schizophrenic tendencies

It's unethical to diagnose a person without first doing an in-office
examination.

Aside, I have an old book, small, but funny as all git-out about the
"Faces of Communications". It goes through numerous types of people
and how to deal with their personalities. Then there is the One
Minute Manager Meets the Monkey and another, the Monkey Meets the One
Minute Manager. What a hoot. Good stuff when dealing with others on
the job.

Muggles[_16_] March 1st 17 07:42 PM

OT - American politics

On Wed, 01 Mar 2017 14:06:09 -0500, wrote:
Not at ALL the same man as on the campaign
trail. Not even close.

Why not? A man has many sides to him, don't you
think?

But as two sided as Trump has been indicates
schizophrenic tendencies

That's ridiculous. Every personality type expresses itself many
different ways.

Trump hasn't changed. He's the same man last night as the man who
campaigned for president.

--
Maggie

Muggles[_16_] March 1st 17 07:49 PM

OT - American politics

On Wed, 01 Mar 2017 14:15:54 -0500, wrote:
Why does anyone give credence to celebrities
political viewpoints?

Who was trump, other than a celebrity??

Well, he was a man who wanted to run for president, won the
republican nomination, and then won the presidency. He put his money
where his mouth is, unlike the majority of celebrities who swore
they'd leave the country if Trump won! Did any of them actually
leave?

--
Maggie

Muggles[_16_] March 1st 17 07:58 PM

OT - American politics

On Wed, 01 Mar 2017 14:16:31 -0500, wrote:
Good management is tough to find.

And "the Donald" is slowly figuring that out.

I don't follow....

He's been in management for long time. Why would you think that
would be something new?

--
Maggie

Muggles[_16_] March 1st 17 08:02 PM

OT - American politics

On Wed, 01 Mar 2017 14:18:02 -0500, wrote:
The rich can put a lot of people to work!

And like in the early days of the south, they can work
them to death for peanuts.
Slavery
Sharecroppers

Geez... you're talking pre- and post-civil war. The country has come
long way since.

Women can vote now!

Nobody was without a job
They all worked "for the rich"

--
Maggie

Cindy Hamilton[_2_] March 1st 17 08:22 PM

OT - American politics

On 02/28/2017 08:44 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 21:34:17 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 2/28/2017 8:59 PM,
wrote:
[...]

You're right. Donald Trump is a perfect example.

Cindy Hamilton

trader_4 March 1st 17 08:37 PM

OT - American politics

On Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 12:30:20 PM UTC-5, philo wrote:

After his speech last night it seems he is using his brains to fit in a
little better with the mainstream and unstoppable American political
system. He may be learning that he is little more than an ant in the
powerful juggernaut.

I would not put much faith in one speech. Trump has done it before.
After he gave his speech at the convention, most people said it was
the best so far, that he had turned a corner and would now act
differently. The very next morning, after the convention, Trump called
a news conference and instead of basking in the glow of receiving the
nomination and his good speech, he used the news conference to attack
Ted Cruz, including bringing up the Kennedy assassination BS again.
Stay tuned, I have confidence in Trump, he has yet to disappoint.

trader_4 March 1st 17 08:38 PM

OT - American politics

On Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 10:34:16 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 2/28/2017 8:59 PM, wrote:
55 minutes into his address to congress, and for the first time he is,
in my opinion, coming across as not only sane but presidential.
Not sure what he's on, but make sure he has an uninterupted supply!!!!
He has stayed on topic without any "raving" and divisiveness.
Mabee I've misjudged the man -
Let's hope so.
We'll see.

There is not one thing different about Trump. That's who he is and he
was that same man on the campaign trial.

--
Maggie

ROFL. Trump wasn't even the same man hours before the speech.
It's true Trump is still Trump, and the loony tunes side will be
back with us shortly. Enjoy the brief intermission in sanity.