Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A message from the Queeen to America ;-)

On 2/28/2017 4:09 AM, Bod wrote:
A MESSAGE FROM THE QUEEN

To the citizens of the United States of America from Her Majesty Queen
Elizabeth II.

In light of your failure to nominate competent candidates for President
of the USA and thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the
revocation of your independence, effective immediately.

---------------
15. Daily Tea Time begins promptly at 4 p.m. with proper cups, with
saucers, and never mugs, with high quality biscuits (cookies) and cakes;
plus strawberries (with cream) when in season.
God Save the Queen!

I protest. I like my afternoon tea about 2:30 EST or 7:30 GMT

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 14:44:39 -0000, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/28/2017 4:09 AM, Bod wrote:
A MESSAGE FROM THE QUEEN

To the citizens of the United States of America from Her Majesty Queen
Elizabeth II.

In light of your failure to nominate competent candidates for President
of the USA and thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the
revocation of your independence, effective immediately.

---------------
15. Daily Tea Time begins promptly at 4 p.m. with proper cups, with
saucers, and never mugs, with high quality biscuits (cookies) and cakes;
plus strawberries (with cream) when in season.
God Save the Queen!

I protest. I like my afternoon tea about 2:30 EST or 7:30 GMT

What an absolutely stupid and dangerous idea. Do you realise how screwed up your stomach must be?

--
Peter is listening to "DJ Splash - Bass is kicking"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2017-02-28, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

with high quality biscuits (cookies) and cakes;

.....as if the UK has ever made "high quality" biscuits (crackers,
whatever....).

God Save the Queen!

Looks like he's already done that. She'll be a live mummy b4 she
croaks (Crocs?)!

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/28/2017 4:09 AM, Bod wrote:
A MESSAGE FROM THE QUEEN

To the citizens of the United States of America from Her Majesty Queen
Elizabeth II.

In light of your failure to nominate competent candidates for President
of the USA and thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the
revocation of your independence, effective immediately.

---------------
15. Daily Tea Time begins promptly at 4 p.m. with proper cups, with
saucers, and never mugs, with high quality biscuits (cookies) and cakes;
plus strawberries (with cream) when in season.
God Save the Queen!

I protest. I like my afternoon tea about 2:30 EST or 7:30 GMT

What an absolutely stupid and dangerous idea. Do you realise how
screwed up your stomach must be?

That's what the digestive biscuits are for... Come to think of it, I
haven't seen Peek Freans biscuits for a while. Hopefully when Trump
renegotiates NAFTA Canadian biscuits will be exempt from the tariff.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/28/2017 4:09 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

You have digestives all the way over there?

--
Eighty percent of married men cheat in America. The rest cheat in Europe.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/28/2017 4:09 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Peek Freans opened a plant in Canada that produces the traditional
British biscuits:

http://www.snackworks.ca/en/products/peekfreans

I don't know if it was because I grew up relatively close to the
Canadian border, but the brand was common on the supermarket shelves and
I liked the digestives. They may still be around but I haven't lingered
in the cookie aisle in a long time.

I don't think a US firm puts out something they call a digestive. Graham
cracker variations are close. Of course the modern graham cracker is a
long way from what Sylvester Graham, an early 19th century crank, had in
mind:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvester_Graham

Kellogg was another nutter who probably would not appreciate the current
offerings that are 80% sugar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Harvey_Kellogg

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/28/2017 4:09 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

We have a lot of cereals made by Kellogs. They seem to have copyright on things like "Weetabix", which supermarkets call "Wheat bisks" to cheat.

--
United Airlines Flight Attendant: "Ladies and Gentlemen, as you are all now painfully aware, our Captain has landed in Seattle. From all of us at United Airlines we'd like to thank you for flying with us today and please be very careful as you open the overhead bins as you may be killed by falling luggage that shifted during our so called "touch down."
Posted to alt.home.repair

We have a lot of cereals made by Kellogs. They seem to have copyright
on things like "Weetabix", which supermarkets call "Wheat bisks" to cheat.

Aren't you lucky. Most of them are expensive ****. I prefer whole grain
meal not very far from the original grain. For some like buckwheat, I
grind it myself. That way I know what's in the bowl.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 02 Mar 2017 03:28:05 -0000, rbowman wrote:

We have a lot of cereals made by Kellogs. They seem to have copyright
on things like "Weetabix", which supermarkets call "Wheat bisks" to cheat.

Aren't you lucky. Most of them are expensive ****. I prefer whole grain
meal not very far from the original grain. For some like buckwheat, I
grind it myself. That way I know what's in the bowl.

Cereal is about the cheapest food you can get here, even the branded stuff.

--
Dijon vu: the same mustard as before.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 02 Mar 2017 17:54:42 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

Aren't you lucky. Most of them are expensive ****. I prefer whole grain
meal not very far from the original grain. For some like buckwheat, I
grind it myself. That way I know what's in the bowl.

Cereal is about the cheapest food you can get here, even the branded stuff.

That is certainly not true here. Just over a pound of mediocre grain ,
corn syrup and preservatives is over to $5 here. (18oz Cherrios $5.15
at Publix supermarket)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Aren't you lucky. Most of them are expensive ****. I prefer whole grain
meal not very far from the original grain. For some like buckwheat, I
grind it myself. That way I know what's in the bowl.

Cereal is about the cheapest food you can get here, even the branded stuff.

That is certainly not true here. Just over a pound of mediocre grain ,
corn syrup and preservatives is over to $5 here. (18oz Cherrios $5.15
at Publix supermarket)

$3.70 here. Although if you buy supermarket branded stuff, you can halve that.

Anyway, a packet of cereal makes many many meals.

--
It hurt the way your tongue hurts after you accidentally staple it to the wall.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Aren't you lucky. Most of them are expensive ****. I prefer whole grain
meal not very far from the original grain. For some like buckwheat, I
grind it myself. That way I know what's in the bowl.

Cereal is about the cheapest food you can get here, even the branded stuff.

That is certainly not true here. Just over a pound of mediocre grain ,
corn syrup and preservatives is over to $5 here. (18oz Cherrios $5.15
at Publix supermarket)

$3.70 here. Although if you buy supermarket branded stuff, you can halve that.

Anyway, a packet of cereal makes many many meals.

You would be better off buying a big bag of rice and a bag of beans.
You may get full eating cereal but nutritionally it is not much of a
meal. You might as well get a 10 cent pack of ramen noodles.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 02 Mar 2017 03:28:05 -0000, rbowman wrote:

We have a lot of cereals made by Kellogs. They seem to have copyright
on things like "Weetabix", which supermarkets call "Wheat bisks" to
cheat.

Aren't you lucky. Most of them are expensive ****. I prefer whole grain
meal not very far from the original grain. For some like buckwheat, I
grind it myself. That way I know what's in the bowl.

Cereal is about the cheapest food you can get here, even the branded stuff.

You're screwed. Special K from Amazon is $3.36 a pound. Hard red spring
wheat berries are $0.75 a pound. Grind them to a coarse meal and make
porridge. You'd be missing out on all the soybean **** Kellogg puts in
Special K.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Aren't you lucky. Most of them are expensive ****. I prefer whole grain
meal not very far from the original grain. For some like buckwheat, I
grind it myself. That way I know what's in the bowl.

Cereal is about the cheapest food you can get here, even the branded stuff.

That is certainly not true here. Just over a pound of mediocre grain ,
corn syrup and preservatives is over to $5 here. (18oz Cherrios $5.15
at Publix supermarket)

$3.70 here. Although if you buy supermarket branded stuff, you can halve that.

Anyway, a packet of cereal makes many many meals.

You would be better off buying a big bag of rice and a bag of beans.
You may get full eating cereal but nutritionally it is not much of a
meal. You might as well get a 10 cent pack of ramen noodles.

Cereal fills you up without making you fat. Anyway, you can pour ful cream milk on it.

--
A child is for life, not just for benefits.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The most important thing to me is that the food requires **** all effort to prepare.

--
They say that when a man holds a woman's hand before marriage, it is
love; after marriage it is self-defense.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Cereal fills you up without making you fat. Anyway, you can pour ful
cream milk on it.

You drink stuff squeezed out of the tits of a cow? Fine vegetarian you are.
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Figures. Just get a few cases of Pop Tarts.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 04 Mar 2017 02:50:11 -0000, rbowman wrote:

Cereal fills you up without making you fat. Anyway, you can pour ful
cream milk on it.

You drink stuff squeezed out of the tits of a cow? Fine vegetarian you are.

Vegetarians avoid KILLING animals. The cow survives.

--
Seven dwarfs sat in the tub, feeling Happy.
Then Happy got out, so they all felt Grumpy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 04 Mar 2017 02:50:52 -0000, rbowman wrote:

[...]

Why create food when it can be mass produced?

--
Women generally don't fart as much as men, because they never shut up long enough to build up pressure.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 04 Mar 2017 02:50:11 -0000, rbowman wrote:

Cereal fills you up without making you fat. Anyway, you can pour ful
cream milk on it.

You drink stuff squeezed out of the tits of a cow? Fine vegetarian you
are.

Vegetarians avoid KILLING animals. The cow survives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP4UMYBEyzY

So you're good with the Maasai's favorite energy drink?
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

https://huel.com/

Huel is not available in the US so I haven't tried it. I do know that
pea protein powder isn't going to replace Pop Tarts anytime soon but
it's good for you. 100% vegan, so no cows are slaving away in the
odorous, cramped quarters of a commercial dairy operation for your benefit.

Should you try it, please give us a report.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 06 Mar 2017 01:25:11 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Sat, 04 Mar 2017 02:50:11 -0000, rbowman wrote:

Cereal fills you up without making you fat. Anyway, you can pour ful
cream milk on it.

You drink stuff squeezed out of the tits of a cow? Fine vegetarian you
are.

Vegetarians avoid KILLING animals. The cow survives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP4UMYBEyzY

So you're good with the Maasai's favorite energy drink?

I don't really care for dumb animals like cows. I'm a vegetarian because I don't like the taste of meat.

But if I did care, then the above video causes the cow pain, milking it does not.

--
"The knack to flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 06 Mar 2017 01:36:17 -0000, rbowman wrote:

[...]

Is this meant to replace all food? If so, does it come in many
flavours? Or I'd get bored.

I don't know if it preceded Soylent or followed, but it supposedly has a
complete nutritional profile.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_(meal_replacement)

Before it became a product, Soylent was an experiment by a software jock
who thought eating was a waste of time. Both come in several flavors.
That could be a problem. I've found that some of the flavored whey
protein powders can get old fast. Bland is good because you can doctor
them up with cinnamon, cardamon, cocoa powder, and so forth.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 06 Mar 2017 04:12:44 -0000, rbowman wrote:

[...]

Eating IS a waste of time. If that product could satisfy my hunger, desire for flavours, etc, then I'd be happy to eat it.

--
Are you going to get a haircut?
No, I'm going to get them ALL cut.