Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to change batteries

I have a Honeywell magicstat thermostat not sure how to change the batteries,I
can't seem to get the back off but not sure if it's supposed to or not. The
house is about 25+ years old so I'm not sure if it's painted on or if it just
dont come off. Its on my screen bat lo so im guessing the batteries are
low....HELP!!!!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...s-1125607-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 27, 2017 at 6:14:08 AM UTC-8, Newhomeowner2017 wrote:
I have a Honeywell magicstat thermostat not sure how to change the batteries,I
can't seem to get the back off but not sure if it's supposed to or not. The
house is about 25+ years old so I'm not sure if it's painted on or if it just
dont come off. Its on my screen bat lo so im guessing the batteries are
low....HELP!!!!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...s-1125607-.htm

I think it is time to replace the unit.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/27/2017 6:14 AM, Newhomeowner2017 wrote:
I have a Honeywell magicstat thermostat not sure how to change the
batteries,I
can't seem to get the back off but not sure if it's supposed to or not. The
house is about 25+ years old so I'm not sure if it's painted on or if it
just
dont come off. Its on my screen bat lo so im guessing the batteries are
low....HELP!!!!

How many batteries does it take? And what size?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 27/02/2017 15:11, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
On 2/27/2017 6:14 AM, Newhomeowner2017 wrote:
I have a Honeywell magicstat thermostat not sure how to change the
batteries,I
can't seem to get the back off but not sure if it's supposed to or
not. The
house is about 25+ years old so I'm not sure if it's painted on or if it
just
dont come off. Its on my screen bat lo so im guessing the batteries are
low....HELP!!!!

How many batteries does it take? And what size?

Have you tried Googling?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/27/2017 09:18 AM, Bod wrote:
On 27/02/2017 15:11, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
On 2/27/2017 6:14 AM, Newhomeowner2017 wrote:
I have a Honeywell magicstat thermostat not sure how to change the
batteries,I
can't seem to get the back off but not sure if it's supposed to or
not. The
house is about 25+ years old so I'm not sure if it's painted on or if it
just
dont come off. Its on my screen bat lo so im guessing the batteries are
low....HELP!!!!

How many batteries does it take? And what size?

Have you tried Googling?

Yep, full instructions will come up on a Google search, there is usually
a trap door in the front

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bod posted for all of us...

On 27/02/2017 15:11, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
On 2/27/2017 6:14 AM, Newhomeowner2017 wrote:
I have a Honeywell magicstat thermostat not sure how to change the
batteries,I
can't seem to get the back off but not sure if it's supposed to or
not. The
house is about 25+ years old so I'm not sure if it's painted on or if it
just
dont come off. Its on my screen bat lo so im guessing the batteries are
low....HELP!!!!

How many batteries does it take? And what size?

Have you tried Googling?

Hah hah, of course not,,, Honeywell has a good web site but is wasted.

--
Tekkie