Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
noname

Default Air Conditioning problem

I live in an apartment building for the last 5 years and my 25-30 year
old central air unit died (compressor). Now the unit was replaced with
a SEER 10.0 unit and I can no longer get the apartment down below 73-74
even at night. Is this normal?

Now I have done a bunch of Google work over this and I have read the
little tube (HIGH SIDE) should be warm to hot to the touch but mine is
not. Matter of fact its room temperature at best but the big tube (LOW
SIDE) is cold like a soda that was just pulled out of the
refridgerator. What should the little hose feel like and if it should
be hot what can I tell my maintainence men so they will take me
seriously that there is a problem.

With 2-3 computers running in this room 78 degrees F is unacceptable
when the previous 4 summers it was 70-72 in here (would get down to 62
easily if I let it at night or 66 in the day).

Thank you for any advice you can offer.