Posted to alt.home.repair

Default You’re Overpaying for Drugs

You’re Overpaying for Drugs and Your Pharmacist Can’t Tell You

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...tomers-overpay
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 24 Feb 2017 16:46:00 -0600, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

You’re Overpaying for Drugs and Your Pharmacist Can’t Tell You

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...tomers-overpay

Even worse. Try to get a price comparison for say an MRI. Last year
or a little earlier I had an abdominal MRI. Asked the staff what "was
the cost", how many machines are in my city? They couldn't / wouldn't
answer. "We just perform the test."

_Ex-hospital chief: Health care swindling must end_

....predatory health care pricing that's scamming consumers.

Listen to this guy.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5331973446001/?playlist_id=5198073478001#sp=show-clips

or https://tinyurl.com/za4zokp

He makes a comparison if grocery stores worked like that :-\
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

You’re Overpaying for Drugs and Your Pharmacist Can’t Tell You

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...tomers-overpay

Even worse. Try to get a price comparison for say an MRI. Last year
or a little earlier I had an abdominal MRI. Asked the staff what "was
the cost", how many machines are in my city? They couldn't / wouldn't
answer. "We just perform the test."

There is this place in Oklahoma City:
https://surgerycenterok.com
Open rotator cuff surgery is a bit over $6200.
I don't know a thing about them other than they post pricing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

You’re Overpaying for Drugs and Your Pharmacist Can’t Tell You

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...tomers-overpay

Even worse. Try to get a price comparison for say an MRI. Last year
or a little earlier I had an abdominal MRI. Asked the staff what "was
the cost", how many machines are in my city? They couldn't / wouldn't
answer. "We just perform the test."

_Ex-hospital chief: Health care swindling must end_

...predatory health care pricing that's scamming consumers.

Listen to this guy.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5331973446001/?playlist_id=5198073478001#sp=show-clips

or https://tinyurl.com/za4zokp

He makes a comparison if grocery stores worked like that :-\

Yeah, I saw that segment on Tucker Carlson the other night. I wonder what all things medical would cost if you could
get a list of services and products where the prices were published from all providers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, February 24, 2017 at 5:46:39 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
Youre Overpaying for Drugs and Your Pharmacist Cant Tell You

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...tomers-overpay

Dog bites man.

This isn't news. I've known this for years. Our insurance
won't cover "brand name" drugs if there is a suitable generic
available.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/24/2017 05:46 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
You’re Overpaying for Drugs and Your Pharmacist Can’t Tell You

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...tomers-overpay

They also don't tell you that most people taking pharmaceuticals for
blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol could change their diet and
kick their pharmacy dependency to the curb.

A change in diet will actually make you healthier. Most pharmaceuticals
just mask symptoms.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 04:47:05 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton wrote:

On Friday, February 24, 2017 at 5:46:39 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
You’re Overpaying for Drugs and Your Pharmacist Can’t Tell You

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...tomers-overpay

Dog bites man.

This isn't news. I've known this for years.

Yeah, we know. You've told us plenty of times that you know everything.

Our insurance won't cover "brand name" drugs if
there is a suitable generic available.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
says...

wrote:

You?re Overpaying for Drugs and Your Pharmacist Can?t Tell You

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...tomers-overpay

Even worse. Try to get a price comparison for say an MRI. Last year
or a little earlier I had an abdominal MRI. Asked the staff what "was
the cost", how many machines are in my city? They couldn't / wouldn't
answer. "We just perform the test."

_Ex-hospital chief: Health care swindling must end_

...predatory health care pricing that's scamming consumers.

Listen to this guy.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5331973446001/?playlist_id=5198073478001#sp=show-clips

or https://tinyurl.com/za4zokp

He makes a comparison if grocery stores worked like that :-\

I think things are somewhat better on finding out prices for drugs.
Other things I am not sure of. With all the many charges it would be
hard to price shop for an operation. Say you need an operation, how
would you call up several hospitals in the area and ask for a price such
as a gall bladder removal ?

Years ago the medical association had a real lock on things. A local
hospital wanted to get a MRI but were told they could not have one
because there was one near by and they wanted to keep the price up to
pay for the machine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 10:20:42 AM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 04:47:05 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton wrote:

On Friday, February 24, 2017 at 5:46:39 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
Youre Overpaying for Drugs and Your Pharmacist Cant Tell You

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...tomers-overpay

Dog bites man.

This isn't news. I've known this for years.

Yeah, we know. You've told us plenty of times that you know everything.

No, I've never claimed to know everything. However, it's been reported
in the news many times. Anyone paying the least attention to the world
around them would consider this not worth re-posting.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/25/17 10:23 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Years ago the medical association had a real lock on things. A local
hospital wanted to get a MRI but were told they could not have one
because there was one near by and they wanted to keep the price up to
pay for the machine.

Many of the Certificate of Need regulations (which this probably was
in relation to) were regulations from MCare and MCaid on whether they
would pay for a new thingy. Obvious if the 700 lb gorilla is gonna shut
you out, the financing gets a bit sticky.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Youre Overpaying for Drugs and Your Pharmacist Cant Tell You

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...tomers-overpay

Dog bites man.

This isn't news. I've known this for years. Our insurance won't
cover "brand name" drugs if there is a suitable generic available.

Cindy Hamilton

Did you read the article ?
It is NOT a "generic vs brand" issue. It is the PBM skimming the
difference between the pharmacy's actual cost, and the victim's(er,
patient's) co-pay.

Thankfully my PBM is Express Scripts, which states the fact that they
do not engage in this ripoff practice.

http://lab.express-scripts.com/lab/i...ays-affordable
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/24/2017 5:46 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
You’re Overpaying for Drugs and Your Pharmacist Can’t Tell You

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...tomers-overpay

Drugs and other health care costs are all overpriced and I blame most of
the problem with government over regulation and predatory lawyers.

I can cite numerous examples like taking years to get FDA approval on a
new drug which has already been approved in 50 countries including
Europe and Japan or taking 3 years for a generic drug to be approved by
the FDA.

Predatory business people will always be with us but if they continue to
charge twice as much but drug has been cut to half as much we got rid of
half the problem.