Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default You?re Overpaying for Drugs

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 24 Feb 2017 16:46:00 -0600, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

You?re Overpaying for Drugs and Your Pharmacist Can?t Tell You

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...tomers-overpay

Even worse. Try to get a price comparison for say an MRI. Last year
or a little earlier I had an abdominal MRI. Asked the staff what "was
the cost", how many machines are in my city? They couldn't / wouldn't
answer. "We just perform the test."

_Ex-hospital chief: Health care swindling must end_

...predatory health care pricing that's scamming consumers.

Listen to this guy.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5331973446001/?playlist_id=5198073478001#sp=show-clips

or https://tinyurl.com/za4zokp

He makes a comparison if grocery stores worked like that :-\

I think things are somewhat better on finding out prices for drugs.
Other things I am not sure of. With all the many charges it would be
hard to price shop for an operation. Say you need an operation, how
would you call up several hospitals in the area and ask for a price such
as a gall bladder removal ?

Years ago the medical association had a real lock on things. A local
hospital wanted to get a MRI but were told they could not have one
because there was one near by and they wanted to keep the price up to
pay for the machine.