Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Insulation type

Hi, I started to finish the basement. One wall I only put up 2 inch foam board
on the concrete wall as this is where the utilities are. Town wants the foam
covered with sheetrock. So, I framed another 2X4 wall in front of the foam,
question is do I install faced or not fiberglass in the new wall? Attached is
a sketch. Cellar is dry, summer I use a dehumidifier at about 40%. I live in
Ct. Thanks

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...e-1123410-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/7/17 4:44 PM, rob oconnor wrote:
Hi, I started to finish the basement. One wall I only put up 2 inch foam
board
on the concrete wall as this is where the utilities are. Town wants the
foam
covered with sheetrock. So, I framed another 2X4 wall in front of the
foam,
question is do I install faced or not fiberglass in the new wall?
Attached is
a sketch. Cellar is dry, summer I use a dehumidifier at about 40%. I
live in
Ct. Thanks

Why did you tell a governmental body that you are doing work in your
basement? What business is it of theirs?

--
Somewhere along the line, politicians discovered it's more fun to tell
people how to live than it is to fix potholes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/07/2017 01:44 PM, rob oconnor wrote:
Hi, I started to finish the basement. One wall I only put up 2 inch foam
board
on the concrete wall as this is where the utilities are. Town wants the
foam
covered with sheetrock. So, I framed another 2X4 wall in front of the
foam,
question is do I install faced or not fiberglass in the new wall?
Attached is
a sketch. Cellar is dry, summer I use a dehumidifier at about 40%. I
live in
Ct. Thanks

The general rule is to only have one vapor barrier, so your facing
choice depends on whether or not your foam board is a vapor barrier.

Jon
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/7/2017 8:14 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:
On 02/07/2017 01:44 PM, rob oconnor wrote:
Hi, I started to finish the basement. One wall I only put up 2 inch foam
board
on the concrete wall as this is where the utilities are. Town wants the
foam
covered with sheetrock. So, I framed another 2X4 wall in front of the
foam,
question is do I install faced or not fiberglass in the new wall?
Attached is
a sketch. Cellar is dry, summer I use a dehumidifier at about 40%. I
live in
Ct. Thanks

The general rule is to only have one vapor barrier, so your facing
choice depends on whether or not your foam board is a vapor barrier.

Jon

Easier way www.insofast.com
No framing needed
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/07/2017 07:16 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 2/7/17 4:44 PM, rob oconnor wrote:
Hi, I started to finish the basement. One wall I only put up 2 inch foam
board
on the concrete wall as this is where the utilities are. Town wants the
foam
covered with sheetrock. So, I framed another 2X4 wall in front of the
foam,
question is do I install faced or not fiberglass in the new wall?
Attached is
a sketch. Cellar is dry, summer I use a dehumidifier at about 40%. I
live in
Ct. Thanks

Why did you tell a governmental body that you are doing work in your
basement? What business is it of theirs?

His Vizio Smart TV reported him.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 8:14:18 PM UTC-5, Jon Danniken wrote:
On 02/07/2017 01:44 PM, rob oconnor wrote:
Hi, I started to finish the basement. One wall I only put up 2 inch foam
board
on the concrete wall as this is where the utilities are. Town wants the
foam
covered with sheetrock. So, I framed another 2X4 wall in front of the
foam,
question is do I install faced or not fiberglass in the new wall?
Attached is
a sketch. Cellar is dry, summer I use a dehumidifier at about 40%. I
live in
Ct. Thanks

The general rule is to only have one vapor barrier, so your facing
choice depends on whether or not your foam board is a vapor barrier.

Jon

Agree and if the new insulation is the one with the barrier, it should
face inside the basement.
Posted to alt.home.repair

rob oconnor m wrote:
Hi, I started to finish the basement. One wall I only put up 2 inch foam board
on the concrete wall as this is where the utilities are. Town wants the foam
covered with sheetrock. So, I framed another 2X4 wall in front of the foam,
question is do I install faced or not fiberglass in the new wall? Attached is
a sketch. Cellar is dry, summer I use a dehumidifier at about 40%. I live in
Ct. Thanks

I don't see schetch. I worry more about moisture from wall, not room. The
foam should be enough break, so I would not want to make a non breathable
section. No facing, or facing near foam.

Greg