Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_7_] Jon Danniken[_7_] is offline

Default Insulation type

On 02/07/2017 01:44 PM, rob oconnor wrote:
Hi, I started to finish the basement. One wall I only put up 2 inch foam
board
on the concrete wall as this is where the utilities are. Town wants the
foam
covered with sheetrock. So, I framed another 2X4 wall in front of the
foam,
question is do I install faced or not fiberglass in the new wall?
Attached is
a sketch. Cellar is dry, summer I use a dehumidifier at about 40%. I
live in
Ct. Thanks

The general rule is to only have one vapor barrier, so your facing
choice depends on whether or not your foam board is a vapor barrier.

Jon