Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What type Insulation under deck of sunroom addition

We recently had a sunroom added on to our home on 10' x 20' deck using
p.t. 2x10's spaced 16" apart...we have 5/8" advantech sub-flooring and
plan to install hardwood on this & heat with a pellet stove in the long
winters here in upstate NY....I'm wondering what type of insulation I
should use underneath between the floor joists, vapor barrier
recommendations etc....any suggestions appreciated!

Posted to alt.home.repair

The best would be blown on foam.

Posted to alt.home.repair

dmkc1207 wrote:
We recently had a sunroom added on to our home on 10' x 20' deck using
p.t. 2x10's spaced 16" apart...we have 5/8" advantech sub-flooring and
plan to install hardwood on this & heat with a pellet stove in the long
winters here in upstate NY....I'm wondering what type of insulation I
should use underneath between the floor joists, vapor barrier
recommendations etc....any suggestions appreciated!

It would have been better to install insulation before the sub-floor.
Otherwise, fiberglass is a standard material and is easy to install
between the joists. You might then use foam board and then plywood to
cover the bottom of the joists. You have to make sure it is good and
tight to discourage rodents. My place is thick with mice and I even
put a bead of white caulk around all the seams and edges as a further
discouragment.

Posted to alt.home.repair

blown foam gets the best r-value vecause it adhears to every surface,
it may be difficult to do on your own withot the proper tools, but if
you can swing someone else doing it this is the way to go.

Empresser #124457

The best Games