Posted to alt.home.repair

Default TV not receiving Channel 2

Toshiba LCD TV Model 22C1004, made in Nov 2010.

This has been a great TV, with lots of extra features that other small TV's don't have. All of a sudden, channel 2.1 and 2.2 are not coming in. The signal strength indicator does not even register. All other channels are fine.

First thing I did was to unplug it, reset it and the scan all the channels. All channels came back except 2.1 and 2.2.

I have a rooftop antenna with the lead going to a splitter and then to this TV and another one. Next thing I did was to swap the cable connections at each TV. Same problem with Toshiba. Other TV picked up 2.1 and 2.2. So the connections and cables are eliminated as problems

Any ideas what could cause this, or hot to troubleshoot it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 5 Feb 2017 20:53:44 -0800, "Newgene McMensa"
wrote:

Toshiba LCD TV Model 22C1004, made in Nov 2010.

This has been a great TV, with lots of extra features that other small TV's don't have. All of a sudden, channel 2.1 and 2.2 are not coming in. The signal strength indicator does not even register. All other channels are fine.

First thing I did was to unplug it, reset it and the scan all the channels. All channels came back except 2.1 and 2.2.

I have a rooftop antenna with the lead going to a splitter and then to this TV and another one. Next thing I did was to swap the cable connections at each TV. Same problem with Toshiba. Other TV picked up 2.1 and 2.2. So the connections and cables are eliminated as problems

Any ideas what could cause this, or hot to troubleshoot it?

Are you getting any other VHF channels? (2-13)
Any low VHF (2-7)?
Sounds like a tuner problem.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Any ideas what could cause this, or hot to troubleshoot it?

Start by calling the TV station to see if they changed frequencies,
antenna locarion, or their power output.

Also make sure your anrenna did not rotate from winds or break from some
other weather conditions.

Swap that tv with the coax on the tv that DOES get that channel 2. (Bad
coax?)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Newgene McMensa"
Mon, 06 Feb 2017
04:53:44 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Toshiba LCD TV Model 22C1004, made in Nov 2010.

This has been a great TV, with lots of extra features that other
small TV's don't have. All of a sudden, channel 2.1 and 2.2 are
not coming in. The signal strength indicator does not even
register. All other channels are fine.

First thing I did was to unplug it, reset it and the scan all the
channels. All channels came back except 2.1 and 2.2.

I have a rooftop antenna with the lead going to a splitter and
then to this TV and another one. Next thing I did was to swap
the cable connections at each TV. Same problem with Toshiba.
Other TV picked up 2.1 and 2.2. So the connections and cables are
eliminated as problems

By swap do you mean you swapped the tv sets around? If that's what you
did, did the known working tv pickup the missing channels on the cable
wire the non working properly tv was just connected to?

If it did, you likely have an issue with the tuner itself inside the
tv. This might possibly actually be a known firmware issue and a fix
might be available for it. You may want to check with Toshiba's website
concerning your particular model TV concerning that.

--
Sarcasm, because beating the living **** out of deserving people is
illegal.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 02/06/2017 6:29 AM, Diesel wrote:

By swap do you mean you swapped the tv sets around? If that's what you
did, did the known working tv pickup the missing channels on the cable
wire the non working properly tv was just connected to?

If it did, you likely have an issue with the tuner itself inside the
tv. This might possibly actually be a known firmware issue and a fix
might be available for it. You may want to check with Toshiba's website
concerning your particular model TV concerning that.

+1

As I read OP's posting he didn't swap the TVs themselves but the lines
feeding each and the symptom stayed with the set; didn't follow the
line. Hence, that does seem to eliminate the input signal from the
candidate pool of issues.

"It's broke!" If there's firmware patch or other more drastic reset
that can fix it, I've no klew or even guess...

Posted to alt.home.repair

dpb news 18:56:00 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On 02/06/2017 6:29 AM, Diesel wrote:

By swap do you mean you swapped the tv sets around? If that's
what you did, did the known working tv pickup the missing
channels on the cable wire the non working properly tv was just
connected to?

If it did, you likely have an issue with the tuner itself inside
the tv. This might possibly actually be a known firmware issue
and a fix might be available for it. You may want to check with
Toshiba's website concerning your particular model TV concerning
that.

+1

As I read OP's posting he didn't swap the TVs themselves but the
lines feeding each and the symptom stayed with the set; didn't
follow the line. Hence, that does seem to eliminate the input
signal from the candidate pool of issues.

That was also the impression I got, but, I've been wrong before when
making assumptions so, I asked for clarification. [g]

"It's broke!" If there's firmware patch or other more drastic
reset that can fix it, I've no klew or even guess...

Sadly, if it's not a firmware fix, it's new board time if he really
likes the tv.

--
Sarcasm, because beating the living **** out of deserving people is
illegal.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I too lost 2. Then the history channel. I then lost the weather channel and called my provider sectv. I needed their hd box for 3 bucks a month. Maybe??
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 7 Feb 2017 12:46:04 -0800 (PST), Thomas
wrote:

I too lost 2. Then the history channel. I then lost the weather channel and called my provider sectv. I needed their hd box for 3 bucks a month. Maybe??

Since this guy was talking about 2.1 and 2.2 it sounds like he is
using an antenna.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I too lost 2. Then the history channel. I then lost the weather channel and called my provider sectv. I needed their hd box for 3 bucks a month. Maybe??

Since this guy was talking about 2.1 and 2.2 it sounds like he is
using an antenna.

Im just talkin to talk. My first symptom was "i lost #2".